Backend Python Software Engineer
Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by Helvetica Partners Sarl
We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for a Backend Python Software Developer. The role is a permanent position based in Zürich Canton.
- Create & integrate 3rd-party simulation services as dockerized applications into an open-source cloud & web-based simulation platform.
- Design an intuitive & maintainable Client Server application programming interface (API).
- Deal with complex scientific data & establishing a chain of trust for tracing every step of data processing.
- Perform cutting-edge software R&D in a dynamic environment.
Your Skills & Experience:
- At least 3 years of professional Software Engineering experience including good experience with Python.
- Strong expertise in micro-services, containers & orchestration (docker/kubernetes).
- Skilled in asynchronous programming (Python, node.js, C++, etc.).
- Sound knowledge of version control systems (git, svn).
- Experienced with Client Server APIs (REST, OpenAPI, Thrift, websockets, etc.).
- Accustomed to writing testable software components within a continuous integration/continuous delivery environment.
- Enthusiastic for new technologies & their integration into existing tools/platforms.
- University degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Dynamic, motivated, self-driven, responsible, efficient & quality-oriented.
- Friendly & outgoing personality, communicative, a team-player & able to multi-task.
- Fluency English (spoken & written) German language skills are also preferred.
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word or PDF format.