Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by Access Group
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of Love work, Love life' has been central to our success and so we're looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About the position:
This position is for a Mid-level DevOps engineer in the Health and Social Care Division, working on products which are a risk to life and used by our customers on a 24/7 basis. As such, the team is fast-paced and dedicated to keeping the software online and functioning 100% of the time.
You will be working within our DevOps team on projects to move from Azure IaaS to PaaS, as well moving our Source Code and CI/CD Pipelines onto Azure DevOps. You will be helping to implement and improve monitoring using Application Insights, AppDynamics and Zabbix.
As a part of the day-to-day duties of the DevOps team, you will be required to be On-Call for the division, which will be allocated on a rota basis. You will need to be able to investigate and resolve any P1 issues that are escalated by our support teams and pass them onto the relevant teams where required.
You will have accountability for ensuring our solutions meet business requirements, align with technology and governance standards, and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
You will be a dynamic, enthusiastic engineer, with a passion for technology that drives you to produce high-quality solutions. You will have a working experience of Azure, Azure DevOps. You will be self-motivated to complete assigned projects on time and provide documentation on any changes you implement.
As a DevOps engineer you will be willing to work within the team, accepting suggestions and contributions from those around you. You will have worked in and be comfortable with an agile environment, enjoying a fast-paced and collaborative atmosphere.
• Migrating CI/CD Pipelines to Azure DevOps
• Working knowledge of Octopus and Azure DevOps
• PowerShell and PowerShell Remoting
• Knowledge of SQL/Azure databases and T-SQL
• Monitoring infrastructure and applications
• Knowledge of DevOps best practice
• Good knowledge of infrastructure as a code
• Transition from IaaS to PaaS
• Configuration and monitoring DNS, IIS Servers, Load Balancer, Firewall
• Good knowledge of Cloud security and preventative solutions
• Professional Certifications (AZ-104, AZ-204, AZ-400)
As a well-rounded DevOps Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Problem solving
• Being creative and innovative
• A quick learning capability and ability to easily pick up new technical concepts
• A passion for software and technology
• A high standard of written and spoken English
• An open and collaborative working style
• Being committed to delivering and maintaining high standards
• Managing time efficiently and effectively
• Being pragmatic, competitive and driven
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on our promises! We take the development of our people very seriously and will work with you to carve out your success plan and provide an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£60k - £80k Annual
£400 - £405 Daily