Data Centre Cabling Engineer
Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by Click
Data Centre Cabling Engineer - Hayes onsite base - £30K/£33K p.a. depending on experience
We are looking for a cabler to join our clients infrastructure team, providing Data Centre cabling activities installation, termination and testing of data center interlink cabling (CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, fibre optic).
Team work on a Mon to Fri split shift and provide Saturday cover on a rota basis.
To apply candidates should have the following skills and experience:
- You need to have an extensive knowledge of data cabling with proven experience of (CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, and fiber optic), able to terminate patch panels floor boxes and wall panels with proven accreditations and experience.
- Basic understanding of network VLAN's and IP Addressing
- Have good knowledge of Fiber Optic terminating testing and fault-finding with OTDR and Fluke testing equipment.
- Good knowledge of cabling products of manufacturer's (Systemax, Commscope, Corning, etc.)
Nice to haves:
- Good knowledge of cabling products of manufacturer's (Systemax, Commscope, Anixter, Corning, etc.)
- Knowledge of end user ticketing tools, Snow/Remedy including updating -forwarding and closing of tickets.
- Good MS Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer orientation, self-motivation, and the ability to work in a team are important
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Positive attitude, ready to help all support teams with cabling related issues
Start ASAP October 2021 - urgent starts. Two stage interview process (Video) before decision.
Click is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £32k Annual
£26k - £26k Annual
£34k - £42k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual