Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by Northeast Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
Sign-on bonus: $4,000. Apply through "company website" option on APTA job listing.
Established orthopedic and sports medicine practice with build-in physical therapy clinic that provides efficient, quality- oriented physical therapy patient care through an individualized program, including assessment, treatment, planning, implementation, education, and communication to maximize the patient's progress toward achieving functional goals.
All inquiries: Contact Donna Barry directly at:
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral degree in physical therapy as evidenced by current state licensure required.
- Ability to project a professional image
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Ability to identify and implement components of the physical therapy process
- Identify learning needs and teach patients and families
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with a variety of teams and individuals
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, and analytical skills
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions
- Freedom from use and effect of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Physical Therapist in the state employed
- English is the primary language of the facility. Ability to read and write, communicate clearly with coworkers and customers and to respond to appropriate questions regarding work process or work product.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral, and/or diagram form. Ability to define and solve problems along with collect data.
- Demonstrates active listening techniques; gains support through effective relationships; treats others with dignity and respect; seeks feedback; participates in processes to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and service; and maintains reporting mechanisms
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts screening of patients at regular intervals to determine need for additional intervention/treatment and/or modifications
- Evaluates patients to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation
- Conducts specialized evaluations as indicated
- Records evaluation data according to PT standards of practice and clinic policy
- Appropriately interprets data, formulates goals, and treatment plans to incorporate patient, family and other team members into the coordination of the treatment plan and throughout the course of treatment
- Monitors patient's response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with the treatment plan and physician orders
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of individual physical therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria
- Demonstrates behaviors which foster effective professional and therapeutic relationships with patients, families, and team members
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to patients, families, and other team members
- Participates in patient, family and staff education and provides in-service education to the members of the patient's care team as needed
- Confers formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehab program of the patient
- Identifies equipment needs, utilizes resources, issues equipment, and instructs patients/families and appropriate team members regarding the use and care of equipment
- Follows management direction
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in their own environment
- Provides clinical information in a timely manner concerning safety and functional needs as required
- Documents results of patient's assessment, treatment, follow-up, and termination of services.
- Completed documentation in a timely manner
- Records billable treatment times according to clinic procedures
- Accurately documents patient/family involvement, treatments, interactions and outcomes in the medical record as per clinic policy
- Completes daily/weekly progress notes and patient reassessments with changes noted in functional and physical status, goals and treatment plans
- Ensures the implementation, compliance, and monitoring of the Infection Control Program, Universal Precautions, and OSHA standards following all policies, procedures, and safety regulations
- Demonstrates the understanding of CMS and other regulatory requirements for the delivery of patient care
Maintains excellent working relationship with the medical professionals and other health related facilities and organizations
Promotes Company philosophy, mission, and objectives within and to customers outside of the organization
Demonstrates the ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities and complete duties within allotted time.
Demonstrates and understands the importance of and respect for the rights, dignity, and individuality of each patient in all interactions
Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times in the care and use of patient and clinic property
Demonstrates respect for coworkers and responds to needs of patients by complying with clinical policies
Demonstrates satisfactory levels of interpersonal skills to interact and deal tactfully with facility staff, administration, patients, families, customers, vendors, and government agencies
Ability to carry out essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Attends and participates in facility meetings
Knowledge of emergency and disaster procedures of the facility
Participates in organization-wide patient safety program identifying risks to patient safety and reducing healthcare errors
Participates in relevant in-service training
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.