Principal Architect (Java, C++, SQL)
Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by Fiserv
What does a great Principal Architect do?
- You will be responsible for providing technical leadership, design and testing guidance to product, development and implementation teams for our Wire Xchange and XRoads technologies.
What does this team do?
- You will be aligned to our Financial & Risk Management solutions business (FRMS).
- Our solutions help financial institutions optimize their use of and return on capital by making risk actionable and transparent within their organizations.
- Solutions are offered in multiple delivery modes including software products, customer-funded development, alliance services, consulting, ASP and hosted services.
- We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day.
- Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
As a Principal Architect, you can look forward to:
- Consulting with design, technical, marketing staff and internal departments to plan and implement Web solutions.
- Conducting needs analysis and project specifications for all design and development projects.
- Collaborating with Clients and their external vendors with direction on design projects.
- Consult with clients on redesign and enhancements
- Developing sites in Java Script
- Coordinate product deployment
- Ensuring standards are followed during deployment
- Coordinating technical support and maintenance of the web site and associated applications to ensure the highest availability.
- Staying abreast of industry trends and all applicable technologies, including scripting, security issues, authoring tools, graphic design tools, and new languages.
- Handling client calls and issues.
- Training clients on the features and options available.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications For Consideration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years' experience in software design principles and software architecture
- 8+ years' experience in Java, C++, SQL.
- 10+ years Hands on coding experience with Java, JEE technologies.
- 5+ years experience with API design and implementing RESTful web services
- 4+ years' experience with Docker and/or Pivotal Cloud Foundry to aid DevOps and Software Installation Solutions
Preferred Qualifications For Consideration
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency in building reusable components and modules
- Experience with performance improvements and high-volume transaction processing
- Knowledge of financial service applications
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience working with remote and offshore development teams.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.