Business System Analyst
Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by Transamerica
- Conducts business process analysis and needs assessments in an effort to align IT solutions with business initiatives.
- Prepares as is and current state documentation in written and graphical form (flows).
- Use Business Process Modeling techniques and tools to create business process.
- Maintain a business and systems/technical knowledge level to understand how changes and opportunities in new technology or architecture impact systems or processes within the environment.
- Develop new or revised processes or procedures in lieu of system development.
- Facilitates the elicitation of business and systems requirements.
- Analyze business unit requests and understand business requirements, work with various technical staff members to determine possible solutions and communicate business and system impacts to IT and Operations staff.
- Prepare documentation for business and system requirements in various formats.
- Works on project teams that are developing or modifying moderately complex information systems. Includes analysis and documentation of business and system requirement and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
- Conducts research and analysis to quantify business opportunities and develops formal recommendations to management.
- May use project management methodologies to support a systems development methodology to meet project deliverables.
- Provide test scenarios or test criteria based on knowledge gained through business and systems analysis. May provide approval or quality check on test plans or test matrix.
- Serve as a liaison to all business unit and across divisions if necessary, when gathering requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience, preferably in IT or a business area discipline.
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in business analysis. 2-4 years of industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of systems methodology, project management, quality assurance and testing methodologies, graphical user interfaces, relational database management system desired.
- Basic knowledge of insurance company operations. Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of systems methodology, project management, quality assurance and testing methodologies.
- Conceptual knowledge of graphical user interfaces, relational database management systems and data storage.
- Normal office environment.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Basic personal computer skills including mainframes, PCs and networks.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.