Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by Center for Enriched Living
Play while you work!
An Employment Opportunity
An exciting game of bowling, visiting museums or local fun spots, making arts and crafts, or even a night of dancing and karaoke? Our Social Enrichment and REACH programs offer that and more, not only to our members but to the amazing staff who join in the fun!
Are you amazing and fun-loving? Would you like to play while you work? If so, then this opportunity may be the right one for you!
Instructor - Salary Range: $16- $18 /hour plus benefits for part-time positions!
About this Position:
CEL has openings in both our Social Enrichment programs and REACH Day program. Social Enrichment Instructors assist and lead group activities for teens and adults with developmental disabilities, creating a fun and positive environment for members to thrive, and offer valuable feedback to the program team on member engagement and input. Facilitate opportunities for members in the community by driving CEL vehicles to destinations and serve as a role model to promote community inclusion. Represent CEL and its philosophy by executing our mission on all levels of service, including promotion of member rights, dignity, confidentiality, and self-determination.
REACH Instructors work with adults ages 22 and older Monday through Friday, during regular business hours. Be part of a team, a daily friendly face, a person who makes the day happen. REACH is looking for dynamic, energetic individuals with hobbies to share like sports and fitness, art, theater, music, job coaching or even interest in social work and education. Lead activities, assist with daily supports (getting around, eating lunch, etc.), model positive social relationships, and transport member on CEL Vehicles to activities in the community.
Since 1968, the Center for Enriched Living (CEL) has ensured that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities are included in the community, achieve personal success and enjoy a good quality of life. With the support of our dynamic, energetic and fun staff, CEL members are encouraged and supported to live their best lives. At CEL, youth and adults are leading better lives through programs that provide a sense of belonging along with life and employment skills, recreation, fun, and social engagement.
What YOU bring to the work experience:
- Enthusiasm in partnering with the program team, individually or with a group, to plan, implement and lead activities driven by member interests.
- Creativity to adapt activities to match member interests and provide feedback to supervisor
- Team spirit to promote engagement, ensuring that members are included in the group activity/ activity of choice, are safely monitored, and having a positive experience.
- Camaraderie to encourage socialization by supporting member-to-member friendships and engagement.
- Thoughtfulness to promote a respectful environment for members so that their skills, abilities and needs are at the forefront, providing assistance as needed.
- Previous experience working in non-profit and OR other relevant experience
- Experience with people who have intellectual or developmental disabilities is a plus
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends for Social Enrichment programs
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Proficient in basic computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Aptitude in working with current technology, including virtual platforms and other online applications
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
To learn more about this exciting position and the role at CEL,
please send your resume and cover letter to
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.