Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by Geo Reentry Services
Facility: JACKSONVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general guidance, performs all clerical and administrative support for one or more Vice Presidents or higher management within the organization. Work performed by this position is sensitive and confidential in nature.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Composes original general and routine correspondence such as memorandums, letters, emails, agendas, and minutes of meetings on behalf of the supported area. May be required to take minutes at meetings.
- Maintains and tracks a variety of records. Prepares standard and routine reports, presentations, memorandums, letters, meeting agendas, and minutes of meetings using software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, charts and databases. Correspondence can be moderately complex or difficult and generally, an overall knowledge of which is the best to use to complete the work is required. At times, may be required to know how to integrate more than one software application to prepare assignments.
- Maintains a variety of manual files and other reports. Retrieves files and other reports as requested by staff. Suggests opportunities when automation would assist in the overall improvement of the group or department.
- Provides phone coverage for group. Accepts incoming calls on behalf of the supported group and has the ability to respond to general questions and inquiries. Has the ability to research other questions and inquires and follows-up with original caller to provide necessary information. Takes messages and directs them to proper staff member when beyond the incumbent's knowledge base. Welcomes incoming visitors and directs them to proper staff members.
- Schedules meetings and appointments. Meetings and appointments can be complex and require the incumbent to persuasively request that attendees reschedule their previously scheduled times. May also arrange travel schedules, transportation and overnight accommodations, and food and beverage ordering.
- Performs other office activities to relieve the supported group of administrative tasks. Photocopies documents for supported group. Collates documentation as necessary. May perform other clerical duties such as stuffing envelopes and filing. Completes routine forms such as invoices, payroll documents, vouchers, etc. May order and maintain office supplies.
- Accepts incoming mail and distributes it accordingly. Has the ability to respond to general questions and inquiries on behalf of the group.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Additional education typically obtained through technical college is desired.
- Proven ability to perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this position with general guidance. This is typically shown through two (2) to four (4) years of experience.
- An Associate's degree may be substituted for up to one (1) year of work experience or a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for up to two (2) years of work experience.
- Must have working knowledge of all software applications used by the supported group. This typically includes using word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, charts and database software applications. Must be able to determine when various software applications should be integrated together when completing assignments. In addition, must be able to functionally use any other software applications that are unique to the business unit where this position operates.
- Must have thorough understanding of various equipment typically found in an office environment.
- Must be able to compose a variety correspondence such as memorandums, letters, agendas, summaries, etc. in a clear and concise manner. Must be able to proofread the work of supported staff and suggest changes when necessary.
- Must be able to speak clearly when interacting with others in person or while on the telephone. Must be able to ask questions when assignments are unclear or ambiguous. Must be able to communicate with officials, clients and the general public.
- Must be able to complete assignments accurately and within the given deadlines. Must be able to plan accordingly when deadlines of current projects change.
- Must be able to work independently and in group settings. Must be willing to lead the work of others on occasions.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.