Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by Vortex Industries, Inc.
Vortex is the leader in Doors/Security Products, Storefront Glass/Glazing, Access Controls and Material Handling Equipment for Commercial, Industrial and Retail Facilities. These products and services are in high demand for all private and public business sectors from Fortune 500 companies to small and emerging businesses. Our diverse list of products and services allows variety and different challenges every day at Customer's sites while providing solutions to keep them safe and efficient.
As a Warehouse Associate, you will load trucks, stock warehouse, conduct material pick-ups, monitor inventory and perform general shop maintenance.
- Unloading trucks and checking in material
- Material pickup and drop-offs
- Sort and place materials on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Maintain and manage inventory levels of product and equipment
- Open bales, crates and other containers
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear the proper safety equipment
You're great at:
Clear communication: An ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and written is essential
Organizational Skills: Ability to organize the work to achieve results even when there are problems are delays
Dependable and Reliable: Show up to work on time every day and produce consistent work results
What you must have:
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: 0 to 3 year's related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
Other required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to read, understand, and comprehend documents such as work instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively and interact with team members and leadership
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in a situation
- Basic hand tool knowledge
- A good driving record with valid driver's license
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Occasionally required to sit and climb ladders or use forklift and lifts
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market-based salary
- A comprehensive training program
- Healthcare, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, and PTO
- Regular shifts are available between Vortex business hours of 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM; Monday through Friday.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$15 - $15 Hourly
$15 - $15 Hourly