SQL Developer - 1 year FTC
Posted on Sep 14, 2021 by LTS Resourcing
Our market-leading client are keen to secure the services of a SQL Developer to join their team on a 1-year fixed term contract, offering working from home flexibility.
As the SQL Developer, you will support the internal development of critical business data transformation tools to empower the client's colleagues around the country.
This role is key to the strategic aims, helping the client to ensure that they build and integrate the best applications using the most appropriate technologies. The role will be critical in helping remove Legacy technology and provide the data the business needs to grow in the coming years.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Examining Legacy procedures within the business, documenting existing processes and suggesting and deploying optimisation through a peer testing programme.
- Aiding colleagues with (or producing) specifications and terms of reference documents with regard to new initiatives and technologies within the business that need data transformation or storage.
- Creating work plans, schedules and supporting documentation for all SQL development work undertaken
- Maintaining multiple environments to separate development, testing and live.
- Identify and resolve issues with existing processes, bug fixing and ensuring root cause analysis to ensure existing estate is as stable as possible.
- 3rd line support of both Legacy and new applications.
- Backups, recovery, security, performance planning, troubleshooting, patching, future proofing, fine tuning.
Skills and experience required:
- MS SQL Server.
- T-SQL, SQL, SSRS, SSIS skills.
- Proven skills in maintaining on-premise SQL environments.
- Knowledge of using Git for source control.
- Mid to high level VBA skills.
- Ability to work as a sole developer as well as part of a larger team as projects require.
- Ability to produce timed project plans for each piece of work to allow the scheduling of resource.
- Ability to produce high quality documentation to allow the ongoing support of applications.
- Experience of working with POS data.
- Skills in MySQL.
- Knowledge of Python.