Senior Project Manager with proven Business Analyst experience
Posted on Sep 14, 2021 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Our client in the Cleveland, Ohio area is looking for a strong Senior Project Manager with proven Business Analyst experience. This is a 6+ month project.
The Senior PM/BA will serve as the liaison between the business/operational community and the technical development team. This person will be responsible for eliciting, analysing, validating, specifying, verifying, and managing the business needs of the project stakeholders, including external clients and end users. The successful candidate will work closely with business units, subject matter experts and technical resources to identify business needs, define projects, develop requirements and manage the development effort to completion. This candidate will possess the ability to operate at different levels and to act effectively at various levels of detail, ie can analyze and manage one and the same project - in the role of a business analyst provides leadership in order to ensure the expected quality of change, and in the role of a project manager can lead a team towards implementing needed change.
Top Critical Skills & Competencies:
- Project Management
- Software development methods
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Business Process Analysis
- Requirements Elicitation/Documentation/Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Technical Understanding
- Facilitation/Group Facilitation
- Relationship Building
- Leadership and Influencing
- Negotiation Skills
- Decision Making
- Research Ability
- Collaboration Skills
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS:
- Research Existing Business Systems - Reviewing of how the organizational structure works and what elements impact business performance and development; explore the current state of the business system and create an "as is" model.
- Elicit and document all levels of requirements - Works with business users to gather and elicit the business requirements for further documenting and project planning Define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies. This professional also considers the technical constraints.
- Problem Solving - Provide independent counsel on complex problems and initiatives, and participate in decision making; gather process options, establish facts, performs root cause analysis.
- Critical thinking - Able to convert analytical data into decisions.
- Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests.
- Collaborate with clients and system users to identify and document business needs and objectives.
- Elicit/identify and oversee current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, usage, formatting, and security requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of operating systems.
- Writes and maintains functional specifications for new or modified business system.
- Analyzes operational errors and provides guidance to development unit as needed.
- Identifies business application and system problems and resolutions.
- Tracks and documents changes to functional and business specifications.
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during the QA process.
- Actively function on developing user-testing scenarios via testing approaches.
- Work with technical staff to develop test data and to ensure test data validity and traceability.
- Ability to also serve in the role of a Project Manager for small to medium projects - ability to accurately determine, assign, track and manage project tasks.
- Data analysis - Must have proficiency with SQL, Microsoft Excel.
Project Management and Execution:
- Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business.
- Strong project management: ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point.
- Simultaneously manage varying aspects of several projects and initiatives while paying attention to detail and quality deliverables in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Facilitate work package prioritization; ensure on-time delivery of solution.
If qualified and interested, please submit a resume and rate expectations using the link below.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting our website.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future