Administrative Assistant I - Family Medicine Clinic
Posted on Sep 14, 2021 by Mid-Columbia Medical Center
Mid-Columbia Medical Center is seeking a Administrative Assistant I for the Family Medicine clinic.
This position is Full-Time and is eligible for a comprehensive benefits and time-offpackage.
Under general supervision, performs general and routine clerical functions in a medical clinic or clinical department in the hospital. Assists with administrative paperwork as delegated by clinical staff. May perform such duties as greeting, directing or escorting patients/customers, answering and handling telephone calls, scheduling appointments, data entry and working closely with internal and external contacts. May assist in facilitating work flow in the office/department, filing medical records, processing releases of medical information or data entry. Coordinates communication of nurses, physicians, patients/customers, relatives, visitors, and other departments as appropriate to assigned clinic or department.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- May be required to have CPR/BLS certification, depending upon assignment
- Minimum of one year office experience, preferably in health care. Preferred experience in one of the following areas: Patient Registration; Medical Records/Health Information; Clerical support experience; Insurance Verification/Authorization/Referrals
- May be required to know CPR/BLS certification depending upon assignment
- Familiar with computers (eg e-mail, commonly used software applications, intranet/internet)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with confidential information
- May require demonstrated 55 words per minute keyboarding skill
- Ability to handle multi-lined telephone system.