Posted on Sep 13, 2021 by CV-Library
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£47,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Vitae Financial Recruitment are proud to be supporting this progressive business based in Hemel Hempstead in their search for a Financial Analyst in this newly created role.
We are seeking an experience Financial Analyst with previous experience of dealing with large data sets, development of KPI dashboards and advanced Excel skills.
This is a new role and the successful candidate will have a great opportunity to make their mark in developing in-depth financial analysis, business performance metrics, commercial insight, financial reporting dashboards, trend analysis and competitor analysis / benchmarking.
As such we require someone with a first-class analytical background who produce meaningful insight from financial information to allow the business to understand key business drivers and future performance enhancement.
The business offers an excellent work-life balance, hybrid working and a host of excellent employee benefits.
The ideal candidate will have;
- At least 3 years experience as a Financial Analyst working within an FP&A or management accounting environment.
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills including advanced Excel spreadsheet skills and the ability to manipulate large data sets to produce meaningful insight.
- An inquisitive, proactive and solutions based approach to tackling challenges and the ability to bring the numbers to life for non-finance members of the operational team.
An insight into some of the duties will include;
- Providing in-depth financial analysis to Senior Management, deducing insights from financial results, trends and KPI's to determine effectiveness, identify risks and opportunities and enhance future performance.
- Supporting the production of Management Accounts, the annual budget and financial reporting.
- Preparation of regular Financial KPI Reports and dashboards, including the provision of commentary to explain variances and trends within the financial results.
- Provide insightful financial analysis, using large volumes of financial data from various sources, identifying trends, patterns and anomalies.
- Create reports and present financial analysis to internal stakeholders including Senior Management.
- Undertake financial modelling and scenario planning to support decision-making and enhance business performance.
- Provide financial input into internal and external benchmarking and data gathering processes
- Provide in-depth financial analysis and competitor analysis.
- Respond to analysis and modelling requests from internal customers and stakeholders in a timely manner, providing concise and meaningful information to support decision making, whilst ensuring compliance with applicable control processes and frameworks.
- Interact with budget holders and department leads as necessary to provide financial reporting and analysis on current and planned performance.
- Support other finance ad-hoc analyses and projects, deep dive reviews, spending reviews, development and other capital expenditure etc.
- Assist with the production of accurate and timely divisional monthly management accounts providing commentary as required.
- Liaise with budget holders to review their monthly management accounts, correcting any identified errors and establishing the cause of variances to budget or forecast and agreeing action plans to rectify these where possible.
- Assist with the development of a quarterly forecast process.
- Support Managers to provide quarterly forecasts and prepare annual revenue budgets.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£37k - £39k Annual
£33.8k - £33.8k Annual
£33.8k - £33.8k Annual
£37.3k - £37.3k Annual
£30.9k - £34k Annual
£50k - £50k Annual
£32k - £35k Annual
£35 - £35 Hourly
£25k - £30k Annual