IMS Core Engineer
Posted on Sep 13, 2021 by Flint Consulting Limited
Flint is currently looking for IMS Core Engineers who are experienced in the IMS world, in mobile Core and OSS.
- Experience of design, deployment, and/or operation of telecoms OSS solutions.
- Taking customer requirements and turning them into technical design requirements.
- Working with internal development teams to convert requirements into solutions that deliver value to users.
- Working with external vendors to convert requirements into solutions that deliver value to users.
- Experience and knowledge of mobile telecommunications networks 2/3/4/5G and IMS.
- Knowledge and understanding of Virtualised infrastructure - Virtual machine and Kubernetes and monitoring of them.
- Assessing compliance of vendor solutions against requirements.
- Capability to lead and direct a group to deliver all parts of a solution be it platform deployment (hardware/connectivity) or application (deployment, design, config, integration with source platforms)
Looking for skills and experience in some or all of the following areas of OSS, preferably in a design or architecture role, but potentially an engineering or operational role:
- Fault management (ie service now, Netcool)
- Configuration management and auditing solutions. (automated)
- Network performance monitoring solutions and related technology - druid databases, SQL databases
- Infrastructure management solutions (inventory management but an emphasis on infrastructure.)
- Infrastructure performance monitoring - ie opensource tools like Prometheus and Grafana, Nagios.
- Centralised logging and analytics solutions - ie ELK
- Analytics platforms - ie Qlik Sense, knowledge of QVD's, etc.
Of interest but not essential
- incident, problem and change systems.
- IP Networking principles
- Knowledge of virtualisation (VMware)
- Knowledge of RAN Nodes
- Knowledge of Network Nodes
- Problem-solving skills
- Agile methodologies (KAN BAN)
- Good communications skills