Lead Product Designer (Product Innovation, Digital Transformation)
Posted on Sep 13, 2021 by Jumar Solutions Ltd
A global Design and Innovation Consulting Firm are currently hiring Lead Product Designers to join them in London at an exciting time.
You'll be responsible for leading our multidisciplinary approach to designing and launching products, services and businesses - some of the bravest projects their clients have ever launched. You'll also lead the advancement of the approach, help to grow the culture, coach junior members of the team, and lead and inspire clients.
- Lead the delivery of complex service and product design projects
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build cutting-edge propositions and products
- Take a lead role in defining product design strategy
- Deliver quality design work, while coaching other designers, and inspire the client towards these standards
- Lead experiments and design sprints
- Lead clients to successfully influence long-lasting change
- Play a leading role in the product design Community of Practice and industry and regularly share your work and ideas with the broader team and community
- You will perform the project lead or lead practitioner role for your practice, depending on the size, complexity and needs of the project. You will provide input into or own project planning and set up to ensure that you and the team can do your best work. You will still play a hands-on role, however this will be balanced with leading others in their work, so you will shift away from some of the doing
- You will be seen by the clients as a trusted expert practitioner and you'll need to build strong trusted relationships with these groups, listening to their needs and effectively managing their expectations. Working with a Director and Principal, you'll help to identify opportunities to extend the current project or do other work with the client, as well as actively participating and leading in Community of Practice efforts, hiring activity for your practice and broader studio efforts
- Experience of product innovation, digital transformation, and customer experience design
- An understanding of the challenges and intricacies of designing for digital
- Experience of getting involved in all stages of the product and service design process, from initial analysis, workshops, sketches, ideas and concepts through to user research, prototyping and the final delivery of designs
- Experience of taking a product to market by working closely with developers and optimising the performance of that product over time through testing and iteration
- A combination of experience across designing for mobile and web user-focused applications, as well as denser, information-rich interfaces
- A focus on process and proof. testing and iterating must be an inherent part of your approach
- Information architecture, prototyping, personas and storytelling, behavioural economics, and/or ethnographic research experience
- Experience of facilitating workshops, design sprints and ideation sessions
- Experience of managing and leading teams
We understand that everyone has varied lives and they want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, they will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
The role can be mix of Office (London) and remote.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
Our client can offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
- Bonus available
- Single health cover
- Group income protection
- 6% pension
- 25 days holiday
If you meet the above criteria and would like to find out more - please submit your application ASAP.