3rd Line Senior Technician
Posted on Sep 13, 2021 by Links Recruitment Ltd
Links Recruitment Ltd are seeking a 3rd Line Senior Technician for an IT managed service provider based in Manchester. This is a permanent, full time role, both office and field based.
As a Senior Technician you will be the key technical expert for a multitude of companies. You can expect to pro-actively assist the Helpdesk with escalations and problem solving along with providing guidance and advice to all junior members of the team. You will be involved in all stages of projects be that scoping, auditing, onboarding, system transformation or migration alongside the project management. You will be working alongside team members to come up with improvements to technical standards, processes and technologies that benefit both the business and its customers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Make regular customer visits to build relationships and improve overall IT.
- Identify customer areas of IT improvement be that security, systems, hardware and put forward suitable solutions to key stake holders.
- Actively log and respond to all inbound issues and enquiries in a quick and efficient manner ensuring to log this onto the ticket system and whilst following ITIL practices.
- Take accountability for customer issues ensuring consistent communication and see it through to resolution.
- Build and develop the knowledge base and processes for all customers within the ticketing system.
- Identify potential revenue generation areas and highlight them to the management team.
- Carry out customer system checks, manually or via automation where possible.
- Produce reports on customer support and system usage where necessary.
- Carry out in-house system testing.
- Offer advice and support on all third party software solutions where possible.
- Contribute towards a personal development plan, ensuring technical knowledge is continually improved.
- Undertake and assist with any other roles to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- You must have a minimum of 3 years of 2nd line support (or equivalent) experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with supporting Windows, Windows Server, MS Exchange, and Microsoft Office and Office 365 suites
- Strong knowledge of networking; TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Firewalls, Switching, Wireless etc.
- Understanding and experience with Powershell and or other Scripting languages.
- Working knowledge and experience of virtualisation technologies; HyperV, VMware, containerisation etc.
- Experience and understanding of cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, Microsoft365 and where and where not these technologies are suitable.
- The drive to continually learn and develop with the ever growing technological landscape in IT.
A driving licence and your own vehicle is essential for this role.
You will receive
- Private Healthcare for you and your family
- Half price cinema tickets/high street discounts
- Virtual wellness classes
- Employee Mindfulness support
- Life coach support
- Socials within the team
- Great company culture
- Lots of career progression, training & Development
If you are an experienced IT professional and think this could be the challenge for you then please apply online with an up-to-date CV and cover letter in the first instance.