Data Centre Operations Manager - French speaking
Posted on Sep 13, 2021 by ComTech Europe Limited
Data Centre Operations Manager - French speaking, must be already based in Belgium.
In a model where infrastructure is exclusively sourced as a service, and in which a single supplier offers most services, the Data Centre Operations Senior Manager holds operational accountability for:
- All Infrastructure Services related to hosting of all applications, tools and appliances used by IT as defined in the contract binding the IaaS supplier
- Controlling the infrastructure architecture robustness and performance proposed by the vendor for private and public cloud.
- Controlling the security compliancy of the infrastructure implemented by the supplier
- Controlling execution of large infrastructure projects
- Assessing the robustness and future proofness of new technologies proposed in the Iaas sourcing mode (in case of hardware refresh)
- For availability Management
- For Capacity Management
- For Data Centre disaster recovery
By interacting with the Iaas supplier, as contractually agreed in the respect of the governance principles, s/he is a key contributor to IT and business processes continuity.
S/He supports all the other IT processes which relies on Infrastructure services.
As member of the SMI management team, s/he is responsible for contributing to the SMI and IT strategy and governance with the only objective to maximize the IT contribution to deliver business benefits.
1. List of activities
To achieve her/his mission, the Data Centre Operations Senior manager is responsible for delivering the following tasks (with his/her team):
- Controlling that Hardware provisioning and decommissioning process meets service levels requirements in public and private cloud.
- Controlling that the Iaas supplier delivers Technical Application Management (TAM) is delivered following the level specified in the contract including: General TAM (server monitoring, event management, batch jobs monitoring, incident management, ), Database management, Middleware Management, Software distribution management, Image Management, Patch management.
- Providing operations and administration requirements and policies
- Controlling that operations and system administration procedures are developed and documented
- Controlling that Operational dashboards are developed and documented
- Providing consolidated dashboard
- Auditing that operations and administration policies for compliance with policies
- Controlling that system administration procedures are developed and documented
- Controlling storage and Data management are documented and maintained by the Iaas Supplier following requirements and policies
- Controlling storage performance is monitored according to the data storage specifications and policies
- Controlling that Backup and recovery services are developed, implemented and executed as required
- Defining Hardware maintenance schedules and controlling that they are executed following schedules.
- Controlling that On-site support and facility management procedures are defined and executed according requirements.
ü ITIL v3 and more specifically Service Management Process
ü Deep understanding of infrastructure components (Servers and telecommunication networks)
ü Deep understanding of public cloud model
ü Process design
The ideal candidate:
- has a Master degree (preferably IT) or gained equivalent knowledge by relevant work experience
- has at least 10 years of work experience in IT Infrastructure Service Management.
- has Experience in IT Service Management product (ServiceNow - Remedy)
- has Strong ITIL Lifecycle knowledge and Service Level Management skills. Knowledge of ITIL Lifecycle V3 is mandatory (Foundation + additional certificate)
- is business proficient (B2+) in English and fluent/native either in Dutch or French.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€30k - €35k Annual
€500 - €550 Daily
€500 - €550 Daily