Property Accounting Associate
Posted on Sep 12, 2021 by SHM Resources, LLC
Property Accounting Associate - Beachwood, OH
Our client, one of the premier upscale lifestyle center developers in NEO, is seeking a Property Accounting Associate to join their team of professionals. Excellent salary, benefits, high-end office environment, culture, career advancement and flexible work schedule makes this organization an employer of choice. The qualifications are very specific below and must be outlined in the resume to be considered. Flexible home and office work space.
The Property Accounting Associate works closely with the Controller to execute the successful growth of the company's project objectives. This position is responsible for conducting daily accounting for accounts payable and account receivable for mixed use retail center using MRI and AvidXchange software. Also, from time to time, prepare construction draws for new development or tenant buildout. Career growth in position is excellent.
Reports directly to Controller
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and input all development payables in AvidXchange
- Removes closed jobs from active job cost reports after completion.
- Enters contracts into MRI after submitted by Project Managers.
- Reviews monthly Job Cost Reports submitted by Project Managers.
- Updates the current cost information on the Development Summary Report.
- Enters and calculates development, leasing commissions and property management fees.
- Processes construction loan draws for various construction projects.
- Daily accounting for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Assists in preparing monthly financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and departmental schedules) for each Development Properties.
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepares variance analysis for income statements.
- Works directly with 3rd party audit team to ensure audit deadlines are met.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to communicate with others, identify problems and resolve potential conflicts.
- Must be able to set priorities, plan, organize and accomplish tasks, often within strict time limitations.
- Work well independently.
- Possess excellent computer skills with an understanding of Microsoft Office, MRI, AvidXchange and Quickbooks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent years of relevant experience and minimum 2-5 years of commercial real estate or retail accounting/finance experience.
- Advanced MS Excel Skills and MRI and AvidXchange Expertise.