Senior Full Stack .NET Developer
Posted on Sep 12, 2021 by American Red Cross
Baltimore, MD 21201
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home and can be located anywhere in the United States with a preference to work East Coast hours for early morning meetings with offshore teams.
The American Red Cross seeks an experienced and creative Senior Full Stack .NET Developer to join our Fundraising & Marketing Technology Group (FMTG) in supporting applications that help to deliver ARC's mission to "prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors." We accomplish this primarily through public-facing applications at RedCross.org and Redcrossblood.org, an internal gift management platform, and several other business systems tied into a corporate intranet called The Exchange.
• Design, develop, test, and maintain a variety of web applications, services, databases and data integrations for the gift management platform.
• Analyze user specifications and requirements that reflect business program needs, and subsequently deliver high-quality software solutions.
• Collaborate with architects, product owners and functional leads in areas such as Security, Business Intelligence, and Data Governance.
• Iterate and improve on testing (Unit Tests and Automated Testing).
• Create and modify technical specifications and end user documentation
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server development
• Experience with a public cloud provider, preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
• Experience with modern software design patterns such as Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), Domain-Driven Design (DDD), SOLID principles, microservices, serverless and other cloud-native solutions
• Experience in CI/CD DevOps tools (Azure DevOps/Jenkins/GitLab/GitHub/Bitbucket)
• Experience with Unit Testing frameworks such as NUnit
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• Outstanding written/verbal communication skills
• Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals or higher
• Experience in high-complexity projects with cross-team dependencies
• Exposure to automation testing frameworks such as Selenium or Robot Framework
• Experience with both .NET Core and .NET Framework technology stacks
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for this position is: $100-120K annual salary. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization that creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer our employee's a competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage professional development and provide growth opportunities. To be considered for this position, please visit to apply.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights