Posted on Sep 11, 2021 by Airlines Reporting Corporation
Louisville, KY 40202
Location: US-KY-Louisville | US-VA-Arlington
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Project and Program Management
About The Role:
We at ARC are searching for a Scrum Master to join our team. As a Scrum Master, you will play a critical role in the planning, development and execution of product roadmaps for existing products as well as new product development. You will collaborate with external stakeholders and cross-functional groups to communicate plans, dependencies, risks/issues and resource requests. You will coach and motivate the team, take the lead in removing obstacles impeding product enhancements, and support projects for changes that will ensure quality, timeliness and a successful product(s).
If you are ready to join a dynamic and forward-thinking organization, then we want to hear from you. Come innovate with us!
What You'll Get to Do:
- Work with the team to lead the development of roadmaps, planning, and manage team backlog. Work closely with Product Owner on backlog grooming and requirements validation. Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Proactively identify issues and risks and create successful action and/or mitigation plans. Escalate and communicate risks/issues with stakeholders, the leadership team and through status reporting.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint progress to all affected teams and management with close attention to dependencies, adherence to product roadmaps and demonstrated value.
- Organize and facilitate sprint planning, daily scrum events, sprint reviews, retrospectives, release planning, demos, and other scrum-related events. Provide overall management for teams and be accountable for results.
- Identify project resource needs, coordinate with resource management lead to identify assigned resources, define project team member roles and responsibilities, and ensure healthy team dynamics by leading, coaching and motivating team members to meet project goals and commitments and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Coach teams on the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, accountability, transparency, and self-organization. Accountable for process documentation and continuously evaluates team processes for maximum output and value through the application of scrum knowledge and selected tools like Jira and/or Confluence.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or Technical Field; Master's Degree in Business Administration Preferred
- 6+ years IT project management related experience
- 3+ years as a Scrum Master required
- Experience with Agile techniques: Automated testing, User stories, TDD, CI/CD, product demonstration, etc.
- Certified Agile Scrum Master; Certified Scrum Product Owner certifications preferred
You'll Also Bring These Professional Skills:
- Ability to build strong relationships with team members, stakeholders and customers
- Ability to collaborate with others at all levels of the organization and with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Ability to lead multiple scrum teams; remote or co-located
- Ability to indirectly lead and motivate cross functional teams
- Desires to continuously develop self and support others' development
What We Can Offer You:
- Joining ARC means joining a team that is motivated, diverse, creative, collaborative and solutions-oriented. We think big, embrace challenges, and explore new ideas to lead the way for the travel industry.
- Our employees value the hands-on learning and professional development opportunities that allow them to expand their skills and grow their career in new, dynamic ways.
- We offer a highly competitive, comprehensive benefits package so you can worry less and focus on what truly matters.
- By joining ARC, you will partner with top minds in the industry as we use data and technology to innovate how the world travels.
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$125k - $140k Annual
$125k - $140k Annual
Fort Belvoir, VA