Full Time Teller - Denison
Posted on Sep 11, 2021 by Bank Iowa
Delivers friendly, superior client experience through timely and accurate processing of accounts and transactions. Identifies client needs not currently being met and refers to appropriate staff. Treats clients with respect and dignity, either in person or on the phone.
- Answers client questions and provides account information either in person or on the phone.
- Assists clients with accessing safe deposit boxes and with address changes.
- Researches and troubleshoots client account issues and complaints.
- Closes out accounts per client request.
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into appropriate records.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of identity and client balances and issues computer-generated receipts.
- Counts currency, coins, and check received, by hand or using currency-counting machine, to prepare them for deposit or shipment to other bank locations or the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Receives and counts daily inventories of cash, drafts, travelers' checks, and gift cards.
- Receives loan payments, issues receipt and processes payments per bank policy.
- Places holds on items per bank procedure.
- Redeems U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Runs coin machine, verifies totals and wraps coin.
- Opens the night deposit and processes per bank policy.
- Receives and processes check orders per bank policy.
- Sells and records official checks, travel / access and gift cards.
- Orders and hot cards Debit Cards.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculates daily transactions using computers, calculators, or adding machines. Reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- Identifies transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
- Processes stop payments per customer instructions and bank policy.
- Develops and applies knowledge of the products and services available at the bank.
- Understands and complies with banking regulations by following bank policies and procedures. Stays abreast of relevant regulations, current industry matters, and any changes implemented internally to ensure compliance.
- Has access to confidential information relating to clients and accounts. Protects the privacy and confidentiality of clients, other team members, and work.
Well-lit, climate-controlled office setting with occasional loud noise during coin machine operation.
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- 6 months to 1 year cash handling/client experience, in professional office environment preferred.
Additional Qualifications Include
- Ability to exhibit our values; Think Big, Be People-Centered, Enable Great Things, and Bring your Best.
- Strong communication skills and conflict aversion sills
- Ability to work with others, such as co-workers, leaders, or clients
- Proficient in technology and services, such as Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word; on the job, will be using but not limited to: alarm systems, accounting machines, coin machines, copy machines, fax machines, and phones.
- Ability to bend, stoop, stand, sit, walk, or use hands repetitively or for prolonged amounts of time
- Lifting (up to 20 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently)
- Critical thinking and exemplary judgment and decision-making
- Social perceptiveness and active listening
- Mathematical, problem-solving and time management skills
- Willingness to learn and take on various tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Friendly delivery of client experience
Hours of Work & Travel
- Full time employment
- Days and hours of operation vary with each Bank Iowa location. May work weekends.
- No travel is required for this job.
About Bank Iowa
At Bank Iowa our purpose is to Empower People, Inspire Success and Foster Growth. With more than $1.7 billion in assets, Bank Iowa ranks as one of the leading independent Ag banks and the second-largest family owned bank in the state. Our bank family consists of team members, farmers, families and businesses throughout Iowa who we serve in our 26 locations. With an ongoing commitment to community banking Bank Iowa aspires to be the bank of choice for our clients, the career of choice for our team members, a center of influence in our communities, and a point of pride for our family owners.
While our purpose is our why behind all that we do, our values allow us to fulfill our purpose. At Bank Iowa we strive to Be People-Centered in everything we do. We encourage our team members to Think Big beyond the immediate answer and to be creative and innovative. Team members throughout Bank Iowa Enable Great Things by taking ownership and going above and beyond. Last, we inspire all team members to Bring Your Best each and every day.
What we Offer
A competitive financial package - we want you to bring your best so in addition to your compensation, every team member receives a bonus opportunity, a generous 401k match, and discretionary profit sharing.
Robust benefits and wellness - we are proud to offer health, dental and vision insurance as well as a wellness program designed to help drive down your premiums. Our wellness initiatives promote positive change and allows our team members to think big.
Blending work and life - As a people-centered organization, each team member is given a generous PTO bank. All regular full and part time team members receive PTO. In addition to the 3-6 weeks of PTO based on years of service and work status, Bank Iowa team members receive 10 paid observed holidays, 12 weeks of parental leave for primary caregivers and 4 weeks of parental leave for secondary caregivers, an opportunity for sabbatical leave, generous bereavement, and an employee assistance program to support team members throughout various stages in their lives.
Continued learning opportunities - Bank Iowa enables great things and supports team member development at every stage of your career. Our development approach focuses on your innate talents and developing those into areas of strengths. Learning experiences are available in formal & informal training settings, as well, on-the-job training. Development programs are available in-person and online. Our tuition reimbursement program is available to support formal education programs.
Community Involvement - Our team members are active members of their communities and people-centered. Bank Iowa aspires to be a center of influence in each of the 24 communities we are located in.
Recognition - Bank Iowa is proud of our team members who Live our Values. Our peer nominated recognition program presents team members who Live our Values on an annual basis.
Bank Iowa provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.