Information Security Manager
Posted on Sep 11, 2021 by Barclay Simpson Recruitment
A leading medical firm requires an information security manager to enhance the overall security posture of the firm. The role will be centred around conducting gap analysis and recommended remediation to bring the firm in line with risk appetite.
The role will require the continual development and review of internal procedures, leading ongoing adherence to policy and best practices, and the articulation of this to clients. The role will be responsible for the investigation of any incidents that contravene these guidelines and that incidents are dealt with promptly and effectively. They will work in conjunction with various functions and departments to ensure employees are aware of cybersecurity issues, are trained in good cybersecurity practices and are practising safe/secure data collection, data transfers and storage.
- Act as the IT security manager for the firm operations and as the Local Data protection coordinator for GDPR.
- Provide an escalation/information and assistance point for business questions and queries around information security
- Monitor the organisation's networks for security breaches and investigate violations when they occur
- Help to design, implement, and maintain the organisation's cybersecurity plan which is led by the Group operation
- Engage with Internal IT and systems to ensure technology roadmap and project alignment is in sync with enterprise information security goals
- Develop and direct implementation of security standards and best practices for the organisation
- Work with Operational owners and teams to identify and align process flows against best practices and client requirements
- Working with central and 3rd parties direct the installation and use of security tools to protect sensitive information
- Recommend security enhancements to Management, and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of IT security trends
- Lead and participate in internal, external, and governing standard audits and tests.
- Serve as the main point for UK security breach investigations reporting to the Director of Information Security and/or the CISO
- To take part in an annual staff appraisal
As an ideal candidate, you will have an industry certification such as CISSP/CISM/CRISC. You will also have a proven track record of delivering in a similar role. Experience within heavily regulated industries is highly advantageous. Most of the role can be done remotely however, during the early stages, travel to the London and York offices will be required to familiarise yourself with the business.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £60k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£70k - £83k Annual
£41.7k - £41.7k Annual
£35k - £41k Annual
£38k - £42.6k Annual
£50k - £70k Annual