Naval Superintendent - Project Manager (m/f)
Posted on Sep 11, 2021 by emagine
We are seeking a Naval Superintendent
- Comply with IMS and all relevant international rules and regulations
- Ensure all your duties in accordance with quality, health, safety, environmental and ethics policies
- Propose a continuous performance improvement plan which will be reported and reviewed on a periodical basis
- Keep the Fleet manager advised of problems which arise on managed ships, and solve them, including issues related to speed and consumption, operational performance
- Be appointed when required as mentor in charge of Junior SI
- Assist in any emergency response as required.
1. Vessel maintenance follow up:
- Monitor vessel performance (LO and HFO quality and consumptions), shipboard maintenance and repair programs;
- Monitor planned maintenance software to detect any delay which could impact the operation of the vessel;
- Prepare and organize the maintenance during ship's trade;
- Minimize interference with vessel commercial availability;
- Supervise the shipboard working organization in close cooperation with Masters and Chief Engineers;
- Monitor spare parts and stores availability and requests from vessels;
- Conduct regular vessels inspections;
- Submit the damage claims including stevedores damages in cooperation with Legal Dept;
- Follow up defect reports, guarantee claims in a timely manner;
- Answer to vessel monthly reports;
- Implement actions related to relevant experience feedbacks on managed vessels.
2. Preparation of vessel dry dock
- Prepare dry-docking specifications;
- Evaluate tender documents;
- Prepare documents relating to the docking (DAI, EDD);
- Support the dry dock manager during the dry-dock;
- Assist the dry dock manager during dry dock
3. Vessel budget
- Prepare vessel's budget;
- Approve orders, invoices up to limit of authorization;
- Monitor operating costs of the vessels to ensure expenses are kept within budget.
4. Crew related duties
- Monitor crew overtime in respect of company policy;
- Monitor rest/work hours and implement improvement;
- Appraise senior officers;
- Inform Marine Human Resources Department (MHRD) as soon as a problem is detected.
5. Certificates, inspections and surveys
- Plan in due time safety inspections, statutory and classification surveys to maintain the validity of statutory and classification certificates (except ISM, ISPS, MLC certificates);
- Notify classification society, or the flag administration, or classification society and the flag administration in case of deficiencies arising on the vessels.
For a full breakdown of the project details and position deliverables please send the latest version of your CV in word document to (see below)