Infrastructure Engineer - Great package, paid training and company benefits
Posted on Sep 11, 2021 by Appoint Search Ltd
An independent consultancy with deep expertise in all things data (think, strategy, integration, migration, governance, quality, and architecture) are looking to hire an Infrastructure Engineer.
You would be joining an established infrastructure team where you will play a key part in supporting the service desk, development & projects team and acting as an escalation point for support, security reviews and critical project rollouts.
This is a great hands-on' role where no two days will be the same; the company works with leading technologies (think AWS, Azure, 365, Snowflake, Collibra and Informatica). And there is a generous training budget to help and support with future development.
- Support of both internal infrastructure and developmental infrastructure.
- Lead the troubleshooting and resolution of data, system issues and performance issues.
- Investigation of new technologies and tooling.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 1st level remote support, log, manage and resolve issues and dependencies promptly.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Background in platforms, coding languages and tooling.
- Cloud experience with AWS (GCP desirable)
- Broad enterprise experience of infrastructural concepts.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor's degree in technology or a related field (desirable).
- Experience in Financial Services (desirable).
- Experience in a Consultancy (strongly desired).
- Must be able to commute into London from time to time.
The company is great, supportive, professional and at the forefront of data governance.
This will be a home-based role for the foreseeable future, with all interviews to be carried out by video conference.
Hit the apply button and discover what's possible