Azure Exchange Systems Architect
Posted on Sep 10, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Azure Exchange Systems Architect. Candidate will be responsible for the design, migration and engineering activities associated with Office 365 on premise, cloud, and hybrid workloads (eg Email, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Flow, and PowerApps). In this role, you will act as the primary liaison with service providers, internal teams and vendors for technical matters.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This role is balanced between high level operational execution, engineering and documentation of O365 functional activities to support business operations and internal customer experience. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Resolves complex or ambiguous IT architecture issues.
- Lead in the planning, design, presentation, and implementation of Microsoft O365 infrastructure to meet customer, business, and technical objectives
- Act as the primary technical interface to the customer, identifying requirements and leading technical Q&A sessions
- Operates independently with minimal supervision; using in-depth knowledge of Office365 Technologies to perform activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
- Provide direct interaction with different technology teams, committees and/or management
- Where required, take ownership of the Security/Compliance/Regulatory/Audit requirements related to Office365 implementation
- Design, implement and troubleshoot high-level system architecture designs in support of business productivity and service innovation
- Document and communicate solution functions and benefits to the customer, identify and recommend additional solution components, product customizations, enhancements, and/or workarounds to meet customer requirements
- Maintain industry leading knowledge of Microsoft O365 services
- Create comprehensive technology roadmaps for business and digital leaders
- Build and maintain relationships with key Microsoft stakeholders
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- May act as team leader on projects and Establish and communicate common goal and direction for the team. Monitors project schedules and costs.
- Acts as a resource for direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Ensures that IT architecture, including new and existing technologies, meets standards.
- Develops and defines policies, procedures, and standards.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree High School diploma and GED (accredited) and eight or more years' previous experience.
- Preferred: Master's Degree.
- Preferred: Relevant recent technical certification in relation to an essential duty or responsibility.
- Azure Active Directory
- O365 Tenant administration
- O365 collaboration technologies; including Teams and Teams Voice (Enterprise)
- SharePoint (Hybrid)
- Exchange (Hybrid)
- Enterprise networking services (Cisco, Fortinet, etc)
- Advanced practical knowledge of core Infrastructure services and functions (ADFS, DNS, DHCP, IP, switching, routing, etc.).
- Security services (Proofpoint, FireEye, Symantec, etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Experience with Authentication mechanism, Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, and PowerShell.