Vice President - Cloud Financial Engineer
Posted on Sep 10, 2021 by NP Group
Contract Assignment - Vice President - Cloud Financial Engineer
Reference - 13267
Day Rate - Market Rates
Duration - 12 Months
Start Date - ASAP
Location - Dublin
As a Cloud Financial Engineer on the Public Cloud team, you will be instrumental in developing industry leading cloud cost management and optimization software solutions at scale. The ideal candidate has experience with or the desire to build modern/scalable cloud-based software systems that integrate with various cloud and SaaS vendors. We're a small, multi-disciplinary team that's starting to engineer our FinOps systems and practice. We own our software solutions end-to-end, from ideation to design/development and operation. If you love to learn, solve challenging problems and operate in a fast-paced environment, this role is for you.
- Build and own systems and capabilities needed for cloud financial management across globally distributed businesses and teams
- Lead design and architecture discussions, advocate for best practices, participate in code reviews, and contribute to scaling the team
- Implement a unified view of costs related to direct consumption and shared costs across multiple public cloud providers and PaaS/SaaS vendors for visibility and accurate chargeback
- Implement a cost optimization business process framework targeting both rate and usage-based optimization
- Engineer an automated payment and recovery process for cloud cost actualization
- Develop budgeting and forecast modules along with cost controls to be used firm-wide
- Participate in projects to automate and scale reporting on key capacity metrics, supply chain performance, and growth drivers
- Expertise developing software using languages such as Java, Go, C-based languages or Python.
- Strong CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms) and problem solving skills
- Systematic problem-solving approach with excellent communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience working with relational/NoSQL databases
- Experience with developing and operating on the cloud
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures, API-first approach and cloud-based service offerings, preferably on AWS.
- Experience with DevOps, modern SDLC practices and tools
- Familiarity working with Linux/UNIX
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Knowledge of Public Cloud offerings, consumption models and billing concepts
- Prior experience in Cloud Cost Management with knowledge in tools such as Cloudability, Spot.io, Densify, reserved.ai, etc.
Networking People (UK) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.