Information security Consultant
Posted on Sep 10, 2021 by Barclay Simpson Recruitment
Information Security Consultants required for local councils to improve their cyber health and reduce their risk from malware and ransomware. The main focus of the role will be on enhancing the maturity of each regional department.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate meeting skill requirements based on the anticipated composition of the team
- Proven and demonstrable knowledge of IT security standards and assessments such as Cyber Essentials, PSN, NCSC's 10 steps and Government Minimum Cyber Security Standard
- Recent experience of working with NCSC's Active Cyber Defence tools
- Recent experience of coaching and supporting existing teams and individuals on technical topics
- Recent experience of working with local authorities to provide similar support
- Recent experience of creating technical assets (eg guidance and tools such as scripts) for reuse by others
- Recent experience of running interactive sessions to upskill a wide audience inside or outside the organisation with differing levels of skill on technical topics
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience of presenting and explaining cyber and IT matters to non-technical senior leaders
- Experience of 'working in the open' and regularly sharing findings with a wide audience inside or outside of the organisation
Expert knowledge of information security. You will also have a proven track record in a similar role. Central government/public sector experience is also highly preferable. CTC or SC clearance is preferable but not essential.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £65k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£450 - £450 Daily