AWS DevOps Platform Engineer 100% (m/w)
Posted on Sep 10, 2021 by ITech Consult
AWS DevOps Platform Engineer 100% - AWS/GitLab/Jenkins/Ansible/Python
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Kaiseraugst we are looking for a Professional AWS DevOps/Platform Engineer.
The role will be affiliated with the PD Quality 'Sherlock' project, which will leverage the cloud based PD Advanced Analytics (PDAA) platform to generate actionable insights that will lead to a data-driven auditing process.
Areas of responsibility:
* Ability to work within an Agile Scrum Team to perform specific development and configuration according to Jira based User Stories/Functional Specifications
* Collaborate with the Tech Lead and Business Analyst to define Functional Specification and implement (code or configure) solution based on Functional Specifications
* Actively participate in all Agile Ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Story Estimations, Retrospectives, Daily Scrums, etc)
* Translate an architecture design into a functional solution
* Document Technical & Design Specifications
Professional and technical requirements:
A combination of Cloud (Platform) AND DevOps Engineering skills:
* Certified and proficient in Agile ways of working with cross-functional teams
* AWS Developer Certification with extensive hands-on experience with core AWS services such as Glue, S3, Lambda, SageMaker, Athena, Step Functions, Route53, RDS, VPC, CloudWatch, EC2, SNS, SQS, ELB, etc.
* Experience in building AWS based data ingestion, processing and analytics pipelines
* Substantial knowledge of 'infrastructure as code' and in particular with Terraform
* CI/CD systems (preferably GitLab and Jenkins) experience, including configuration management and automation tools (preferably Ansible and Puppet)
* Operational experience with managing IAM in complex and multi-account environments
* Hands-on experience with Python and Bash Shell Scripting
Nice to Haves:
* Former Roche experience or in the life sciences/pharma industry
* Knowledge of Service Orchestration using Kubernetes and/or EKS
* Ability to create, execute and document Unit Tests relevant to development
* Knowledge of various databases, both SQL, and NoSQL
* AWS CloudFormation knowledge
* Experience with Snowflake
* Knowledge of more specialized languages such as 'R'
* Experience with troubleshooting performance bottlenecks, considering both Linux, as well as Cloud Native environments
* Knowledge of IP Networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and Firewall.
* Experience collaborating on code base with Git & experience with the Git branching strategies
* Experience liaising with Data Scientist and Data Engineers along the technological stacks typical for their domain
* Knowledge of Computer System Validation
* Familiar with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Spotfire
Reference no: 920637AG
Role: AWS DevOps Platform Engineer
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Kaiseraugst, Switzerland/remote
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months contract, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.