Senior Estimator / Estimator
Posted on Sep 10, 2021 by CV-Library
Estimator – Specialist Drywall & Ceilings Contractor
My client is a leading Specialist Drylining & Suspended Ceilings Contractor delivering expert service in the Construction Industry for a portfolio of Blue-Chip Clients throughout the UK. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience across multiple sectors including Residential, Commercial, Healthcare and Education and particularly working in live environments to accommodate their customers’ needs.
They are now in the market for an experienced Estimator to bolster the Commercial Team and continue the growth and development of the business.
About The Role of Estimator
* Preparing and estimating each element of Drylining & Suspended Ceiling projects
* Ensuring that finances and design briefs are met at all times.
* You will produce tender and quotation proposals along with relevant financial and supporting descriptive information (including building up rates to include labour and material costs)
* Guaranteeing the profitability of the contract to include pricing and delivering of extra works
* Preparation of prime cost estimates incorporating both standard and bespoke products
* Implementation of the tender process
* Advice on specifications and budgets
* Measurement of quantity and scope for each bid
* Preparation of prime cost estimates
* Completion of fully considered tenders at settlement stage
* Advice on finalisation matters of risk, qualification and margin
* Preparation of indicative programme to accompany bid
* In conjunction with marketing/business development function prepare bid submissions
* Follow up with client to reach a positive conclusion
* Successful post tender negotiations
About The Candidate
* This is the ideal role for an experienced sub contract estimator from within the Drylining & suspended ceiling industry
* Good commercial acumen
* Estimating knowledge and experience is essential
* Proven track record within the Drylining & Suspended Ceilings Market
* As an Estimator, you must be an excellent and proactive communicator and be adept at being the interface between the prospective client, the business and all relevant suppliers.
* You must also have the ability to read and understand drawings, specifications and tender documentation.
* A hard working and dedicated individual who always strives to get the best results