Senior Network and VOIP Engneer
Posted on Sep 10, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer. Candidate provides voice and data network engineering for hardware and/or software, design, planning and implementation of complicated computer networks to meet business needs. Provides support for complex networks in regards to planning, configuration, and optimization. Evaluates, designs, and maintains existing or proposed products/systems.
- Plans, forecasts, identifies and implements resource requirements for complex voice and data network systems (including wireless and VoIP).
- Contributes in more complicated network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Manages cost/billing, installation, and support of network communication solutions.
- Designs complex network configurations (integrating communication architectures) to maximize the sharing of applications, information, and resources across the company.
- Provides users with advanced network technical support and solutions, and responds to needs and questions of users concerning access to network resources.
- Evaluates new software and existing products/systems and resolves network problems as they occur.
- Develops and documents technical standards and interface applications.
- Provides ongoing information to management, customers, and peers regarding enhancements and innovations.
- Monitors and performs network troubleshooting to isolate and resolve complex or ambiguous network problems.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar area of study. Five years of previous experience required. Four years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor's degree.
- Advanced knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
- Knowledge and understanding of Load Balancing, Firewalls, and IPS's.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cisco networking gear.
- LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications.
- Analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Vendor/account management.
- Avaya solutions.
- Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS and/or VPN.
- Ability to communicate and articulate information to all levels of the organization (including but not limited to: technical and non-technical personnel, outside vendors, and Senior Leadership).
- Experience designing and implementing MPLS converged networks.
- Involvement and implementation of large-scale voice and data network design.
- UNIX operating systems.
- Cabling/data center hardware and design.