Senior Project Manager - Business/IT Projects
Posted on Sep 10, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
3month Contract to Hire OR Direct Hire
Senior Project Manager - Business and IT Projects
Location: Lake Forest, IL
Looking for a business project manager that is PMP certified. Would prefer industry experience or background in manufacturing or supply chain or distribution. 20% travel as you will oversee huge projects and manage people on a project basis. You will interface with stake holders and c level will be a liaison between business and IT Don't want a IT Project Manager
Engage with senior business executives who are looking to undertake a major project initiative or change event, and work with them to help develop their Business Case
- 10+ years of formal, dedicated project management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified.
- Able to demonstrate successful experience in managing projects across multiple business functions and disciplines.
- Able to demonstrate experience in leading discussions and extracting required information out of resources to define business requirements, project scope, solution design and options analysis, project planning, resource management, risk and issue management, communications plans, then be able to drive projects through to a successful completion.
- Able to demonstrate ability to confront situations that need resolution, no matter how uncomfortable the situation is.
- Able to demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate professional interpersonal & negotiation skills.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive style.
- Able to demonstrate being performance and outcome oriented.
- Able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail including the ability to capture and record decisions, discussions and events for referential purposes.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time domestically and internationally.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in using common office technology and tools. Must be proficient in MS Project.