IP Network Engineer - Juniper/Cisco/NFV
Posted on Sep 9, 2021 by Flint Consulting Limited
IP Network Engineer - Juniper/Cisco/NFV
My client, a global telecoms vendor is currently looking for an experienced Network IP engineer with solid SD-WAN and Virtualisation knowledge as well as strong Juniper skills for an initial 6 month contract.
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS INSIDE IR35
Reporting to the Senior Services Manager, YOU will be responsible for providing technical expertise and "forward-looking" technical services to optimize network reliability and performance. Work in a team delivering transformational SD-WAN and Network Virtualization Cloud Solutions for leading top-tier telco customers. Providing end to end Service Wrap/Solution Design for global virtualized networks as a service as well as IT OSS and BSS integration points, as well as full orchestration of network deployment and closed loop self-healing systems.
As the Network Engineer, you will also work to address technical escalations and support the effort to improve infrastructure operational stability across the Network by providing hands-on technical leadership in the areas of Proactive/Reactive Support, Change and Implementation, Documentation, Standards compliance, Training, & Operational Process & Procedures.
Key role responsibilities include:
- Support production environment of Juniper products within the Customer infrastructure
- Provide technical insight and assistance to the customer for SaaS/Cloud/POC sites
- Support design validation at LLD level
- Support the delivery and technical escalations of SD-WAN and NFV Cloud Solution customers
- Participation in an on-duty rotation to assist in troubleshooting and service restoration outside of business hours and at weekends.
- Hold technology workshops with the Customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried
- Hold network information gathering workshops with the Customer to understand the Customer's existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
- Produce a written summary report of the status of Design projects, equipment, and network problems on a regular basis to the Customer
- Carry out testing of new Designs, features, and functionality as required by the Customer in a laboratory environment and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network
You must have a minimum 5 years' experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments.
You must be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP Routers Switches and Firewalls. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers.
- Detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP Networks.
These skills should generally include:
a) TCP/IP fundamentals,
b) IP subnetting and supernetting and hierarchical routing principles,
c) Routing protocol operation (OSPF and BGP),
d) Routing policies at BGP peering points,
e) VPNs and the associated tunnelling technologies (L2TP, MPLS, etc.)
- Switching, spanning tree and other switching technology as required, Firewalls and associated technologies as required
- The ability to function in a team environment and recognize and take on tasks with self-direction as well as the ability to take direction from the customer, account team, and Advanced Services Management.
- Hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of Juniper Networks Router, Firewall, switching and Service Orchestration products, passion to continue learning and expanding your knowledge.
- Juniper Certification a plus
Strong Technical Experience in the following areas are desired:
- Knowledge of JUNOS/Juniper Platform is highly preferred
- Advanced Knowledge of Routing, Switching & Firewall
- Good understanding of Juniper Q-Fabric/QFX/EX Operation & Design
- Good understanding of Juniper MX Operation & Design
- Good understanding of Juniper SRX Operation & Design
- Advanced knowledge of MPLS/VPN Operation & Design
- Familiarity with JUNOS Space and Other Enterprise Level Management Tools
- Contrail, OpenStack (Redhat/Mirantis/other), Contrail Service Orchestration (other Orchestration), Ubuntu/RHEL, KVM (other) Hypervisors, Containers, Docker, and other Juniper products including vMX, vSRX, NFX. Knowledge of underlay/overlay and IP Networking.
- Linux, Scripting (eg Perl, Python), Network Monitoring and OSS/BSS/IT integration.
- The RE will be expected to develop secondary skills in other products in the Juniper product portfolio
- Experience of designing and implementing virtualized software and solutions is desirable.