Junior Systems Administrator
Posted on Sep 9, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Junior Systems Administrator is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, maintenance and backup of system hardware and software related to Servers, virtual Servers and infrastructure. This individual participates in MIS projects and provides technical, support and effective communication to internal customers and Senior Executive personnel and support members on the MIS team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and monitor all systems, Servers and infrastructure.
- Provide maintenance, installation, and support of data networking, Servers, phones and desktops.
- Administer support and configurations for all office Servers - including Domain Controllers, DNS, File, Print and SQL database Servers running Microsoft Server 2012/2016/2019.
- Install, configure, test and maintain server operating systems and system management tools.
- Manage and maintain backup and recovery for all Servers and storage devices.
- Perform daily system monitoring - verifying the integrity and availability of all server resources, systems and key processes. Review system and application logs and verify competition of scheduled jobs.
- Provide support for Unified Communication and desktop phones - Cisco
- Administer and manage Active Directory - Security groups, GPOs, users and device attributes.
- Provide user support services, troubleshooting assistance and problem resolution for computer hardware, software, application and printer related issues.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors and other MIS personnel to maintain, upgrade, install, remove and troubleshoot services as needed.
- Create and maintain computer images and install, configure and upgrade operating systems.
- Provie first tier support to company systems such ERP, EDI and others
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Database and scripts is a plus.
- Participates in MIS projects, owns specifics tasks, works independently and provides accurate communication.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends systems enhancements that will improve reliability and performance.
- 2+ years of experience of Microsoft Server and System Administration - Windows Server 2008/2012/2016.
- 2+ years of experience with Active Directory Administration.
- Familiar with HP ProLiant Servers, Cisco Switches and Phone Systems, IIS, FTP, O365 Services.
- Experience working in projects, above average troubleshooting skills, self-starter and highly motivated.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or technical related field.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.