SDN/NFVI Engineer 12 month extendable contract
Posted on Sep 9, 2021 by TSSI Ltd
Job Description: SDN/NFVI Engineer working in Toulouse ( Must be Fluent in French as based on site)
The position is part of the EMEA GS Organization and is dedicated to a large SP with existing WW POPs in Cloud-based production infrastructure. This is a technical role based on Customer premises in Toulouse France, providing support for Contrail Networking and Red Hat OpenStack solutions, and will be required to develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge on the products and software deployed within the customer environment.
- The candidate will have achieved a good level of higher education (Bachelor or master's degree in EE/Comp Sci or equivalent).
- Professional certifications (like JNCIE, CCIE, Red Hat, VMWare, or equivalent) will be beneficial.
- Strong problem-solving skills, applicable to large and complex network scenarios
- Strong operating and troubleshooting knowledge across the following technical domains: Hardware, Software, OS, Virtualization (VMware/KVM), and Networking.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer management and customer service skills
- Previous experience in Software qualification in a virtualized environment, installation and upgrade with Contrail Networking and Red Hat OpenStack in a Service Provider lab testing.
- Proactive testing of Contrail Networking deployment and upgrade against Red Hat OpenStack Platforms.
- Perform regular technical reviews with JTAC and Customer to proactively identify potential issues to be resolved.
- Deliver presentations and training to customers about Contrail Networking.
- Perform technical investigations of issues raised by customer, provide solutions if possible and identify root causes.
- Build customer trust and serve as the customer advocate within Juniper
- JTAC/CFTS, Systems Engineering, Service Mgr, PLM, and Development interactions (JTAC cases/JIRA bugs, technical documentation, and feature enhancements )
- SDN/NFV/Cloud with Contrail Networking & Red Hat OpenStack skills (Horizon UI, Nova, Neutron, Keystone, Compute node, Analytics, Cassandra, Zookeeper, RabbbitMq, Dockers, Vrouter/DPDK)
- Extensive working experience in a network/virtualization support role out of which 2-3 years would be spent supporting large IP Networks.
- Strong operating and troubleshooting knowledge across the following routing and switching technologies: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS (L2 & L3 VPN), Switching technologies (VLAN/Trunking), Underlay/Overlay networks.
- Working experience with Linux, Scripting languages (Python, Perl)
- Working experience with traffic generators (such as IXIA) and network protocols analysis tools (Wireshark, tcpdump)