IT Support Specialist
Posted on Sep 9, 2021 by Stand Together
Washington, WA 20330
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Categories: Engineering and IT
Req ID: 4966
The IT Support Team is a group of passionate technology professionals focused on keeping Stand Together employees productive by efficiently resolving their technical issues. We aim to be the preferred partner for all technology needs and accomplish this each day by continually working to build trust with our colleagues. We are driven by our Guiding Principles which define who we are as a team and organization.
We are looking for technically skilled candidates with excellent interpersonal skills for the IT Support Specialist role. As an IT Support Specialist, you will be an integral part of our organization, completing in-depth analysis and troubleshooting with our customers. Diagnosing and troubleshooting issues is just one part of the role we play. Identifying root causes for community-wide process improvements-this is where we take it to the next level. Join us and be a part of the team that will help guide our organization through our next phase of growth and impact.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Act as a liaison providing critical client base support to internal staff members
- Diagnose technical needs and develop an understanding of root issues
- Collaborate with the operations and technology team to execute on requests
- Take accountability and ensures proper processes are documented for efficient support
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate technical support partners
- Document all requests in an issue tracking tool
- Share knowledge and proactively identify the needs of the organization
- Serve as an escalation point within the team, mentoring and assisting junior staff
- Keep a pulse on the evolving technology landscape, actively seeking ways to improve your knowledge and bring new ideas to the organization
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 5-7years of professional experience in an information technology support role
- Experience using a ticketing system and an appreciation for documentation/knowledge-bases
- Advanced knowledge in administration of Microsoft Office 365 products
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of Active Directory, hardware, operating systems, client-side networking
- High emotional intelligence with a natural aptitude for building relationships and delivering top-notch customer service
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skillswith the ability to think on your feet and problem solve
- Ability to quickly adapt and respond in a fast-paced work environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and with an eye toward continuous personal and team improvement
- Ability to work full time shift between 9-9:30am and 6-6:30pm, Monday through Friday
- Willingness and ability to travel infrequently to support customers or events (1-2x/year)
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- BA in Computer Scienceorrelated field
- Experience mapping and improving team processes
- Ability to create internal (IT-facing) and customer-facing documentation that is clear and user-friendly
- Experience coaching, training, or helping other IT professionals learn and grow
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds-including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy-to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management ® (MBM ® ). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color,race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$25 - $25 Annual
$100k - $120k Annual
West Yarmouth, MA
New York, NY