Head of Change Management
Posted on Sep 9, 2021 by CV-Library
My client, one of the largest police forces in England and Wales, based in Worcestershire is currently looking for a Head of Change to join them ASAP.
Reporting to the Director of Business Services, you will be tasked with leading the Change function within the service delivering the significant cultural change required to move to a new operating model and to introduce a customer service ethos.
To be considered for the Head of Change Management role you must be a goal-oriented individual with strong leadership skills with an understanding of working within the public sector. The Head of Change will need to have an unwavering focus on making the function and the wider Business Services a success. You will also need to have:
* Extensive knowledge of Change Management with a knowledge of Shared Services Operations
* The ability to drive change and embrace change and new technology, whilst driving high standards of service delivery and rigorous performance management of their people.
* Possess specialist knowledge in areas of service design, delivery, commissioning, contracting and procurement, service redesign, benefits realisation and performance management including tools and methodologies (e.g. Customer service, process, quality, governance structures, technology and people)
* A demonstrable understanding of financial systems, budgetary monitoring and systems, valuing outcomes against cost inputs
* Have the ability to understand the impact of people, process, technology and information on the delivery of services.
* Demonstrable experience and successful track record of leading, continuous improvement and innovation through the complete service lifecycle in a large and/or complex organisation
* Experience of leading and delivering on large scale cultural change and service excellence programmes
* Demonstrable experience of senior level leadership and management in an organisation of comparable scope and complexity, with a strong contributions to strategic organisational development and change, particularly in relation to customer facing services
* Proven experience of managing budgets and resource allocation procedures and management
* Strong evidence of effective and collaborative stakeholder and relationship management with a range of internal colleagues, partner organisations and other external organisations
* Proven experience of risk and issue management practices
* Experience of driving change and shaping change programmes.
As a Natural Leader and influencer with experience of working within a regulated environment, you will have the ability to think creatively and strategically, with strong decision-making skills and have demonstrable professional experience in the design, deployment, delivery and optimisation of the Change Management function.
The Head of Change Management will be tasked with developing the Portfolio Management Office function and team as well as developing and delivering the annual Change Management business plan aligned to the Force’s objectives.
It is highly desired that applicants are qualified to degree level or equivalent with a management or professional qualification in a related discipline, but most important is a high level of experience of Heading up Change Management in a Public Sector environment