Network Support Engineer - (Palo Alto, Check point, Algosec, Cisco, Security Integration)
Posted on Sep 9, 2021 by Cyberteam
Network Support Engineer (Palo Alto, Check point, Algosec, Cisco, Security Integration
Cyberteam's client is an leading IT Service Engineering Company based across Europe. My client is looking for a Network Support Engineer. The Network Engineer will contribute to a team responsible for the day-to-day operation and monitoring of the Networks and project delivery. This position requires a broad knowledge of Network Security systems, Software Defined Network (ACI technology, EPG), it involves analytical skills and troubleshooting capability to work with the team member to quickly diagnose and resolve network issues. Please see further details below:
- Review, implement and enhance our network Security environment via the Firewall Security Cleanup participation. Set up, configure, and support network Security Infrastructure (Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Panorama, Firepower, IDS)
- Assist with maintaining current documentation of related corporate network implementation. Involvement in troubleshoot network security systems.
- Provide network project support to other teams with the implementation of enterprise and operational service upgrades and new initiatives.
- Be involved in Infrastructure and Business projects by delivering the required infrastructure (and related documentation).
- Perform vulnerability assessment, validation & upgrade on the Network Security Systems.
- Maintain process like Configuration Management and Monitoring of the infrastructure.
- Optimize our current network implementation and introduce automation
- services in our environment Integrate Watch-Duty role and support Week-End interventions
- Degree in Computer Science or Certifications in Network Technologies, Information Systems, or other related disciplines (preferred).
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Good knowledge with routing and switching technology (BGP, ISIS, OSPF, VRF, MPLS, GRE, IPSEC, OTV)
- Experience in Network Security Management Systems Palo Alto, Checkpoint, (5 years min) - must
- Experience in Firewall rules definition, cleanup - must
- Experience of the Algosec process - nice asset
- Excellent understanding TCP/IP protocols and related DNS (Infoblox), QoS
- Knowledge of Cisco ACS/ISE/Prime, F5, Ansible is a plus.
- Experience in SDN/Cisco ACI/EPG management is a real asset.
- Ability to work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to learn new technologies and disciplines quickly.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Fluent in English (French and/or Dutch is a plus) - must
- Ability to function in a team-oriented environment. -must
- This position requires an individual with good communication (both verbal and written), organizational, and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and perform tasks with a high degree of quality, while following existing processes and operational procedures.
- Additionally, the position requires the ability to work with members of other teams and staff to meet all necessary department and organizational goals.
Belgium and Poland