Freelance Azure DevOps Engineer - Brussels - English speaking
Posted on Sep 9, 2021 by Energize Recruitment
Energize Tech are currently working for a very well established utility company in Belgium who are searching for a freelance Azure DevOps Engineer to support their major project on an initial part time basis in Brussels.
Key info below:
- Start date: October
- Contract until EOY with extension
- Initially part time 3 days/week, with the possibility to upscale to Full time in 2022
- Market rate
- English speaking, French or Dutch is an asset
- 100% remote during Covid, based in Brussels post-Covid with a 50/50 home-working regime
- To design, develop, test and deploy high quality systems in an integrated systems landscape
- To manage the technical operation of these systems within the defined agreements with the customer
The organization has implemented Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools as the enablers for an efficient software delivery model and to speed up the time-to-market of new initiatives through continuous integration and continuous delivery. You will be part of this team in a role that supports various tooling within the ALM Platform.
In your role as the ALM Azure De vOps Engineer, your focus is on technically supporting the tools and the usage of them by the other squads:
- You contribute to the use and setup of best practices on the tools in the ALM platform (Azure DevOps Service, Microfocus ALM/HPQC, LeanFT, UFT, Nexus, Jfrog, SonarQube, Codescan).
- You monitor incoming demands for assistance (central mailbox) from other squads for assistance and enable them to grow in their usage of the toolkit and to become more independent.
- You collaborate with colleagues in the different squads of the Belux organization and on Projects to detect/define improve their usage of the tool with a focus on CI/CD and automating and optimizing the Application Lifecycle management flow. You contribute to the design and first setup of their flows taking into account best practices and challenge them to take the next steps.
- You coach and train colleagues in the implementation and usage of the ALM tools.
Key competence and experience
- You have an IT oriented Master or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience
- You have experience in Azure DevOps, CI/CD & Application Lifecycle management automation
- You have good Scripting skills (PowerShell, node, typescript or Java)
- You have experience with the Agile methodology and know Scrum, Kanban, Flow concepts
- You have knowledge/experience with both the usage and administration of tools like Nexus, Azure DevOps/Team Foundation Server, GIT, SVN, Azure Cloud, Jfrog, SonarQube
- Experience in test tools like Microfocus ALM and test automation development with UFT/LeanFT is considered a plus
- You are able to capture requirements and promote improvements
- You are assertive and are able to promote your ideas, but you are also able to facilitate and come to the best solution for the organization
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You take initiative and responsibility
- You are a team player but can also work independently
Does this sound like a match?
If so, please apply with your most up to date CV and we can arrange a call if your profile fits.
If you're not currently available but know someone who may be looking for their next freelance assignment, please forward this on and ask them to reach out.
We look forward to hearing from you at the soonest!