IT Support Specialist
Posted on Sep 9, 2021 by The Norfolk Companies
The Norfolk Companies is a leading family owned and operated company in the building materials industry since 1934. Norfolk consists of Norfolk Hardware and Home Center which is a full-service hardware store and home center located in Boston, Norfolk Kitchen and Bath which has 6 kitchen and bath showrooms located in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, Norfolk Multi Family Cabinets and Countertops which sells cabinets, countertops and related products to multi family end users such as large general contractors.
Norfolk prides it self on being big enough to serve you, small enough to know you. Joining Norfolk means you can make a difference and be part of a company that truly values and appreciates its employees, customers and suppliers. We all play a role in our success.
We are excited about our continued growth over the last several years and hiring the best people to join our Norfolk family.
Norfolk embraces technology and understands the value it brings to our organization.
With over 175 users across 7 locations, we are in need of a proactive, organized and employee focused Help Desk Technician to joining our IT team. Experience working and supporting in distribution, retail, sales industries will be important for success.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Diagnose internal end-user technical issues.
- Manage and resolve user submitted support tickets and manage help desk system
- Must be able to diagnose, troubleshoot and maintain a wide variety of point of sale devices including but not limited to price checkers, cash register workstations, barcode scanners & credit card terminals
- Troubleshoot and resolve common end user related technical issues with the appropriate urgency via phone, email, in person or remote.
- Provide a high level of internal customer service with a strong sense of urgency
- Proactively resolve issues based on trends
- Perform onboarding and offboarding tasks needed to prepare IT equipment and resources
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation that can be used as knowledge base material, user training, standard operating procedures
- Perform preventive maintenance regularly as aware of need
- Track and analyze common problems to identify trends and work with management to resolve to minimize similar issues
- Assist the IT Manager with general network maintenance, problem resolutions, and occasional IT projects
Candidates will have the following work experience:
- Work experience in IT support role for a multi-location network environment
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Independently solves problems and regularly demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented and able to both follow and create technical documentation
- Able to explain technology to users with varying levels of proficiency
- Demonstrates an ability to quickly adapt to change
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize based on business needs
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to clearly communicate with end users to resolve technical problems over the phone
- Collaborate with IT co-workers to identify repeat issues and make recommendation for change
- Support users using a help desk platform
- Experience providing support to remote workers
- Experience providing support for the following:
The Norfolk Companies provide competitive benefits including medical & dental insurance, 401k with a generous company match, Paid Time Off, uniforms, free company on-site fitness center and voluntary life, vision & short-term disability insurance.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$25 - $25 Annual
$100k - $120k Annual