Senior Sustainability Consultant - Built Environment Specialist
Posted on Sep 9, 2021 by Planet Mark
London, United Kingdom
Senior Sustainability Consultant - Built Environment Specialist - Planet Mark
An exceptional opportunity has become available for a Senior Sustainability Consultant with specialism in the built environment looking to work for a fast-growing business that is having a positive impact on the planet.
We see a world where we all contribute to a thriving planet and together, we are empowering change for a brighter future.
The Planet Mark, in partnership with the iconic Eden Project, is a unique sustainability certification which recognises continuous improvement, encourages action, and builds an empowered community of like-minded individuals. A key part of our work is to demonstrate that sustainability is good for business and that business is a force for good for the environment and society.
Our New Development Certification follows The Planet Mark 3-step process. Each building is a stand-alone project in which we measure carbon reductions achieved through sustainable design and construction practices, engage stakeholders and supply chain to support and encourage innovation in the field, and communicate success.
You'll be joining at an exciting stage for this fast-growing business as it expands in the UK and begins to scale internationally.
You'll be part of an optimistic team with a 'can do' approach, that is passionate about making a difference and committed to collaborating, constantly improving and striving to be at the forefront of sustainability - while having fun too!
We are looking for a senior sustainability consultant with experience working in the built environment, and with a working knowledge of whole life carbon analysis for buildings, to join our growing Real Estate Certification team. You will be responsible for managing and delivering our New Development Certifications along with engaging the supply chain and providing expert advice on product improvements.
The ideal candidate will be positive, enthusiastic, with excellent collaboration and customer relationship skills. You will have at least 3 years' experience working in sustainability in the built environment.
• Oversee the delivery of new development certification internally and externally (team and project management)
• Liaise with multiple stakeholders in the built environment sector to deliver new development certification
• Deliver workshops and engagement activities to design teams and sub-contractors, using expertise in built environment and sustainability
• Liaise with consultants to support / explain LCA delivery for the New Development Certification
• Deliver or support internal delivery of built environment LCAs for industrial, residential, and other sectors
• Keep up to date with national and global developments in the built environment and note relevance, overlaps and competition with the New development certification
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Knowledge and experience of whole life carbon assessments for buildings, with working knowledge of standards EN 15878, WRI GHG Protocol, PAS 2050, PAS 2080, GRESB and others
• Experience working with design-teams and other stakeholders in discussing, encouraging and promoting sustainable and low-carbon design in industrial, residential and other sectors.
• Experience in sustainability in the built environment, including knowledge of UKGBCs net zero carbon framework, RIBA, BREEAM
• Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
• A team player with the ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Proven management skills, helping to support and train junior team members
• Excellent project management skills
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Experience engaging or facilitating design teams in identifying more sustainable building designs, and innovations in construction.
• Working knowledge of the RICS NZC Construction minimum reporting template. Working knowledge of post occupancy evaluations (POE) in the property or industrial sector
• Experience in sustainability engagement and communications
• Knowledge of or experience in corporate carbon accounting, the GHG Protocol and ISO 14064, Scope 3 carbon reporting, SECR, SDGs and Social Value
• Knowledge of or experience in audit/verifications of corporate carbon footprints using ISO 14064-3
• Experience verifying LCAs
This is a full-time position, working remotely with optional team days in London once a week.
Salary: Based on experience
Start Date: ASAP
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV and a cover letter that explicitly addresses why you believe your skills and previous experience matches this job role to . Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
The diversity of our talents, ideas and experiences is our true strength. The Planet Mark foster an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and have the opportunity to reach their full potential. We want all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from, and what they have achieved. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
England, United Kingdom
£35k - £40k Annual