Veterans Preferred - Salesforce Sales Cloud Architect - Remote
Posted on Sep 8, 2021 by Waste Management
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
The Salesforce Architect will be responsible for the technical design, development, and code review, of the product feature enhancements to the CRM and Marketing Cloud applications. This person will be actively involved in the design sessions with business analysts, the product owner, and other technical team members, and will be expected to bring technology and people leadership skills to the team.
This role will actively lead the design, build solution components, develop unit tests, guide testing strategy and play an active role in ensuring quality through the development lifecycle. You must possess a strong ability to work with our leadership team to balance the business needs with the best technical solutions to fulfill those needs. You'll make an impact by researching, analyzing, designing, proposing, and delivering solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies, and it will be imperative that you are staying well versed in the ever-changing technology stack of the Salesforce platform.
II. Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
Technical Solution Lead for CRM Platform
- Ownership of all technical aspects of a Salesforce Enterprise Sales Cloud implementation, including custom code, systems integrations, 3rd party applications, and AppExchange products
- Provide thought leadership in technical areas of expertise to promote a best of breed culture
- Ability to research solutions, assess options, and formulate proposals for ways to solve requests from business partners
- Manages and recommends changes to integrations between Salesforce and multiple other platforms and technologies
- In collaboration with other team members, provide a vision for the CRM platform and identify gaps in business processes that could be addressed with Salesforce solutions
- Identify skills and roles needed for technical projects and participate in vendor selection and/or hiring of team members
- Directly accountable for the conversion of product requirements into an architecture and design that will become the blueprint for the solution being created.
- Lead conceptual and technical solution design for assigned features improvements to meet business requirements while ensuring compliance with established architectural principles, standards, and processes.
- Responsible for matching business process and automation requirements to the capabilities of Salesforce, including, but not limited to, managed and unmanaged packages, complex data model, integration, role hierarchy, sharing and security model
- Develop end to end Salesforce solutions using Configuration and Customization - APEX Class, Triggers, Visualforce pages, Lightning components etc.,
- Perform hands-on configuration and development as needed, and roll-up your sleeves to resolve technical issues
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
May coach and mentor less-experienced analysts and act as team leader on systems projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education and Experience
Education: Required Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Business, Information Systems, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant experience.
Experience: Ten years of previous experience required including eight (8) years of experience building and delivering Salesforce solutions, as well as two (2) years developing System Architecture Documents
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirement
- Salesforce Architect Domain Certifications
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Proficient in Lightning Platform and capabilities
- In-depth understanding of Salesforce programming including APEX, Force.com, and Visual Force
- Experienced with integrations between Salesforce and multiple other platforms and technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and function as a positive and creative member of a team
- Ability to excel in an unstructured environment of rapid growth and constant evolution
- Communicate complex technical issues and solutions in a clear, simple and understandable way
- In-depth understanding of data model and application development
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com including workflows, triggers, reporting, general design concepts and overall approach of Salesforce.com as a CRM platform
- Experience with Marketing Cloud, Sales Cloud, Heroku, and Einstein Analytics preferred
- Experience with Release Management, Source Control, and Deployment concepts and technologies such as Salesforce DX, ANT, SFDC Metadata API, Jenkins, SVN
Advanced knowledge or skills in one or more of the following alsorequired:
- Present, communicate and articulate effectively to all levels of the organization (including technical and non-technical audiences, Senior Leadership, VPs and C-level executives).
- Architecting and designing frameworks.
- Development methodology.
- Completing design artifacts using UML.
- Project management (including ability to lead a project team) and organizational skills.
- Vendor interactions skills; Provide input to contract negotiations.
- Ability to resolve interpersonal and technical conflicts.
- Knowledge and understanding of prototyping and methods of implementation.
- Ability to provide input to business processes and translate them into technical requirements.
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
V. Work Environment and Essential Functions
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. [Note: the following is defaulted for office setting position]
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day ;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely ;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely ;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely ;
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.