Sustainable Travel Officer
Posted on Sep 8, 2021 by CRA Group Limited
Sustainable Travel Officer
SLOUGH BOROUGH COUNCIL
Initially 2 months
As a member of the Transport team this post is directly responsible for-
- Delivering, sustainable travel schemes under the three year Access Fund programme,
- Collecting and processing data and information related to sustainable travel.
- Analysis and collation of data on events, cycling and walking statistics, and the monitoring of performance in relation to the Access Fund Programme.
Responsible for purchasing low-value goods and services up to circa £500 although there is no specific budget management responsibility.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Transport & Highways department is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a fit for purpose transport infrastructure to stimulate economic growth and enable the safe, efficient and sustainable movement of people to, from, and around the Borough.
The post holder will work as a member of the Transport Strategy & Integrated Transport
Team and will be responsible for engaging Schools, Businesses and the Community with the purpose of raising awareness and increasing the uptake of sustainable and active modes of travel.
This is not a comprehensive list of all the tasks, which may be required of the post holder. It is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the work to be undertaken.
- To organise and coordinate a 3 year programme of sustainable and active travel activity to targeted groups in the borough.
- To participate in organised events and engage members of the public and individuals to encourage sustainable and active travel.
- To work with residents and local community groups to promote and raise awareness of the benefits of participation in active and sustainable travel activity.
- To identify and build on existing business, school and community travel networks, assisting them to develop and deliver a sustainable and active travel agenda.
- Prepare sustainable and active travel materials for a variety of media and organise the ordering, distribution and delivery of publicity material.
- Promote active travel activities, facilities and groups and work to increase the accessibility and attractiveness of public and sustainable travel to local people.
- Deliver sustainable travel and road safety advice, education, publicity and training and to identify priority groups and locations to target activity.
- Offer advice on travel and transport; directly to colleagues, businesses or its representatives, and to schools and other community groups.
- To comply at all times with the requirement of Health & Safety legislation and Council policy, taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Assist in organising, directing and supervising survey staff carrying out transport surveys, monitoring and monitor modal shift and the uptake of sustainable modes of travel.
- To use statistical packages including spreadsheets and databases in analysing and interpreting transport databases in analysing and interpreting transport data
- To undertake other duties as may reasonably be required, which are consistent with the level of responsibility for the post and grade.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£100k - £140k Annual
£240 - £250 Annual
£20k - £22k Annual