WIN10 - Workspace Engineer - initial 165 days - THE HAGUE - EU-client - SC desired
Posted on Sep 8, 2021 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for 1x "WIN10 - Workspace Engineer" for THE HAGUE (100% on-site, when Covid restrictions been lifted, EU-nationals ONLY) to start ASAP (not before Oct-Nov) an initial 165 day contract (extensions possible, EU-agency-client).
EU nationals ONLY (due to the "EU" security certifications required). We can't accept any longer UK-consultants, as long they don't have EU-CONFIDENTIAL clearance or another EU-citizenship.
- Our client is an international organisation and a great reference in any CV! English speaking environment.
- The start might be off-site because of Corona for some weeks (tbc), but then the position will be 100% on-site.
This is a real longterm contract with possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability
EU nationals ONLY (due to the "EU" security certifications required). We can't accept any longer UK-consultants, as long they don't have EU-scurity-clearance or another EU-citizenship (after Brexit the UK-consultant can't get any longer "EU" security clearances, which is mandatory for this position).
- A Security clearance (SC) will be required for this position, if you don't have a valid SC, we will guide you. Our company is holding "FSC - Facility Security Clearance", so we are able to guide/sponsor you through the "PSC - Personal Security Clearance" procedure.
- Start date ASAP means in the October-November period (desired).
Short description of the projects the consultant is going to work in:
Windows 10 upgrade -maintaining a supported Windows 10 version, preparing everything necessary for upgrading to a newer version, including new features and all infrastructure supporting this process
- Implementing and maintaining Web Browser Strategy - maintaining and proposing improvements regarding web browsers running on Windows 10
- Proposing improvements in managing macOS and Linux OS workstations/laptops
All new projects related with the job description in this document that will be part of clients approved yearly Workplan.
The Consultant will be part of the "Architecture and Engineering coordination team" and will be reporting to the responsible Workspace engineer and team leader of Architecture and Engineering coordination team. The Team consists of 10 team members. The consultant will also have to collaborate with other teams involved in projects mentioned.
- Implement and maintain enterprise-grade deployments of client endpoint infrastructure (MDT, Altiris, Jamf, Puppet etc.) and administration of client based Operating Systems (Windows 10, Linux OS and macOS) and related set of software application packages and scripts.
- Implement a security baseline for client endpoints by patch management solutions (Altiris, Jamf, Puppet), endpoint security software (Symantec, Checkpoint, Window 10 Enterprise features like Bitlocker, AppLocker, Device Guard, Credential Guard and for MacOS Apple Configurator policy controls, FileVault encryption, MacOS deployment) and client side policies including chromium based web browser policies (Edge, Google Chrome)
- Specify and review technical standards for ICT client infrastructure solutions including relevant security controls, web browser strategy aligned with the overall EU-client Architecture guidelines to ensure manageability and full understanding of technical consequences.
- Evaluation of non-standard requests for client endpoints and application components by scoping and developing, to deliver a solution meeting the requirements.
Maintaining of virtualized client Operating Systems (Windows 10) with different virtualization solutions (Citrix, VMWare, Hyper-V) including assessing and mitigating their security risks.
- Acting as a third level support, perform technical analysis, investigation, troubleshooting and resolution of incidents or problems affecting the EU-client ICT client infrastructure and contribute to ICT-wide technical knowledge management.
- Create technical design of ICT client infrastructure solutions in accordance with architecture guidelines and standards, translating high-level solution architectures into concrete designs, procedures and specifications of ICT client infrastructure solutions.
SKILLS - mandatory
- More than 6 years of experience in client engineering of Windows 10 workstations and laptops in a managed, secured corporate
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in enterprise grade deployments of client endpoint infrastructure (MDT, Altiris etc.) and administration of Windows 10 Operating System ( Linux OS and macOS are Desirable) and related set of software application packages and scripts
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in Windows 10 virtualized in Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms such as Citrix and VMWare Horizon
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in patch management solutions (Altiris), endpoint security software (Symantec, Checkpoint, Window 10 Enterprise features like Bitlocker, Applocker, Device Guard, Credential Guard.
- Knowledge on Windows 10 client OS and related deployment tools
- Working knowledge of English on B2 or higher level
- Level of education: Bachelor Degree
SKILLS - desirable requirements
- Knowledge on MacOS and related deployment tools
- Knowledge on Linux OS and related deployment tools
- Certification: Windows 10, Apple MacOS and Linux OS
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described.
- This position requires "EU security clearance level". If the candidate doesn't have a Security Clearance (SC) yet, then he/she can start working, when presenting:
- A criminal record/Certificate of good conduct (from his/her home country), plus ID-card copy, and
- A confirmation that he/she is willing to proceed to obtain the SC.
Our company is holding "FSC - Facility Security Clearance", so we are able to guide/sponsor you through the "PSC - Personal Security Clearance" procedure.
Europass-CV-format (DOC) and a QUESTIONNAIRE will be required at a later stage, it's mandatory, we will provide templates.
- This role would likely be initially remote for some weeks, with the expectation to work 100% onsite after the restrictions have been lifted.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.
If this sounds of interest, then please get in touch ASAP so we can talk about the role and your experience.