Senior Engineering Manager
Posted on Sep 8, 2021 by CV-Library
Who are Arla Foods?
* We are the UK’s largest dairy company and of the biggest globally
* We are a farmer owned cooperative
* We are the creator of household brands such as Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak®, Castello®, and many more of your favourites!
What is our Westbury dairy like?
The Westbury site employs 250 people, operating 24 hours a day 365 days a year producing award winning Butter and Milk Powder. Westbury is driven by demand for retail butter from the largest production facility within the UK and a balancing operation for Arla UK milk producing Bulk Butter and Powders on a more seasonal and volatile basis. The facility is fundamental to the success of Arla UK. Westbury Dairy sits within the Business to Business (B2B) group within Arla together with sites from Denmark and Sweden.
What makes Westbury a good site to work at?
* Family like culture, amazing support from your colleagues as ‘We’re all in this together’!
* Endless opportunities to learn and develop new skills, no 2 days are the same!
* At Westbury you would really have a chance to make a really difference, perfect opportunity to bring your ideas to life!
What will the role look like?
* You will lead the Engineering Team, ensuring day to day delivery across both reactive and preventative maintenance.
* You will take a people- centric, development- focused approach to managing your team of circa 30 including Engineering, Team Leaders, Automation Specialists etc.
* As part of the Site Leadership Team, you will play a key role in the development and delivery of strategic initiatives.
* You will lead on/ delegate the leadership of Continuous Improvement projects, using a combination of tools and techniques such as TPM, RCM, FMEA, 5’s and Kaizen events in order to achieve world class standards.
* You will lead all site maintenance activities and your Projects team will lead small CAPEX projects and support execution of large investments.
* Applying LEAN principles will be core to your operational approach and you will ensure through process confirmation adherence to processes and procedures.
* You will be a member of the Senior Management Team on site reporting to the Site Director. You will help shape site policies and procedures and ensure their implementation. You will also represent Westbury in various forums across the Arla organisation.
What do I need?
* A robust understanding of Engineering within an automated, FMCG environment
* Strong leadership experience with a focus on people- development having managed a team of a similar size circa 30 Engineers
* An appetite for creating positive change, and experience in culture-led change management
* An understanding of the necessary building blocks needed to move from a reactive to a preventative- led maintenance culture.
* We are looking for someone who gets the best out of others, who will lead, coach, motivate and inspire people to perform on a day-to-day basis
* We are looking for someone who would not be phased by short term priority changes and will thrive on Scenario Planning and Problem Solving as part of your day to day activities
* Degree educated or equivalent
What will I get?
* Competitive Salary
* Bonus Scheme
* Private Health
* Pension Scheme- contribution matched up to 6%
* 26 days holiday + bank holidays
* Flexible Benefits- buy annual leave, Reward Gateway Scheme- discounts with various retailers, cycle scheme with NI savings and tech scheme with NI savings
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£69.3k - £69.3k Annual
£35k - £50k Annual
£70k - £100k Annual
£150k - £175k Annual