Service Desk Engineer/Mac/Support/Service Now/Windows/Desktop/Laptops/Basel/Permanent
Posted on Sep 8, 2021 by UST Global
UST is urgently recruiting for an Infrastructure Support Engineer who will ensures that client employees remain productive by providing on-site support for hardware, software, applications, installations and mobile devices while ensuring a positive employee experience.
- You will act as the face of IT for the client and offer a personalized experience to the client end-user Help build a positive culture at the client location and/or while working from home and are well versed and educated advocates of improving the end-user's IT support experience
- Help build a quality end-user experience, the ISE partners with client management and their vendors daily
- End-user facing expertise to provide support for hardware and software issues within end-user computer systems comprising of both MAC's & Windows, to include desktops, laptops, printers and mobile phones/apps.
- Advanced knowledge to perform configuration, installation and troubleshooting desktops (MAC and PC), laptops, printers and mobile applications.
- Responds to end-user product related questions for all supported hardware, software and applications as defined by the client.
- Analyzes problems to identify problem area(s) and provide corrective action, recommending solutions to client application and account related issues
- Working on ServiceNow ticketing tool, updating all incidents with detailed ticket notes like troubleshooting etc., and add Knowledge Base articles (If applicable), in line with ITIL practices on Real Time.
- Updating ServiceNow CMDB and MDM with asset details for end users in Real Time with no errors. Liaise with the respective teams to take corrective measure in case of any issues. Line manager will have to be updated on any loss of device with detailed information and evidence if available.
- Audit of all assets at the client site (Once a week), to have AirWatch and ServiceNow updated with the correct asset details Real Time & must always be 100% correct.
- Updating Site information on ServiceNow for Loaner/Emergency Stock held by the Infrastructure Engineer either at home or in office.
- Supporting the setup of the New Hires/Agency Temp at the client site, which happens once a month/ad-hoc based-on client's requirement - Including but not limited to:
- Checking a Task is generated by the Hiring Manager, or to chase and have this generated by the Hiring Manager.
- Checking with suppliers and making sure stock is available for the New Hires and dispatched.
- Checking with Pro Unlimited the status of an Agency Temp and if an asset has been ordered, if not then to provide a loaner.
- Organizing the delivery of assets to new hires by liaising with the concerned teams as defined by the client.
- Chasing PO numbers with Suppliers to check delivery status or providing a loaner laptop in case of delays to the New Hire.
- Call New hires if the HR department does not have the correct address details, or, to confirm the delivery address.
- Provide support through the ITO on Day 1 for a New Hire, including any after care support needed.
- Support and setup of all Intern machines that are at the client site, following all practices defined for New-Hires/Agency Temp.
- Audits of the client site, which is requested on-demand on time-to-time basis.
- Support the Region-specific slack channels and individual communication coming from end users.
- Update the client site ITCS SharePoint with documentation - including any particular support provided, solely, to the client site you support.
- Organize the Tech café at the client site to make sure that everything is accounted for.
- Be flexible to multi-task and handle ever changing priorities & willingness to learn new skills and work outside of your comfort zone with the end-user community.
- Ability to manage individual tasks that may require cross departmental communication and collaboration
- Be a positive Team player, good communicator, self-directed work style and ability to multi-task
Nice to have:
- Fluency in the German language
- Work week is from Monday - Friday at the customer site except for any client specified public holidays and weekends
- Working hours are from 8 AM - 5 PM local time
For more details, please respond with your updated CV & contact number for an immediate discussion & consideration.