Software Asset Manager
Posted on Sep 8, 2021 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
Software Asset Manager/Malmo/6 months/Start ASAP
As a Software Asset Manager you work closely with Service Managers and other functions to ensure new contracts and renewals are completed in a timely manner following agreed protocols, at the best possible terms. You ensure continual software license compliance and manage financial risk of SW license incompliance for all entities of IT and support the organisation to manage their systems more efficiently and reduce cost by avoiding unnecessary asset purchases and promoting harvesting of existing resources.
* A strong understanding of datacenter and application infrastructure and how it relates to complicated metrics from software vendors
* Understanding and experience of working in an environment that utilises cloud based infrastructure and how that may affect vendor licensing models.
* Knowledge and previous experience of working with a SAM tool
* Understanding of financial concepts and practices as they relate to software license and contract management
* Experience with software life cycle management processes.
* Experience with planning and executing software audits to verify and enforce compliance.
* Strong analytical, research, organisational skills, and attention to detail as well as the ability to multi-task and operate in a highly dynamic environment.
* Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and translate high-level business requirements to software requirements.