Ruby Developer(s) - REMOTE - 3-month initial - UN-agency-client - EN-speaking
Posted on Sep 8, 2021 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for 1-2 "Ruby Developers" to start ASAP an 3-months initial contract (extensions possible) for an international Org' -client in ROME, where 100% REMOTE work is possible. Possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability. English speaking environment. Our client is an international organisation in Rome and a great reference in any CV!
100% Off-site/Off-shore. A competitive rate will increase chances to be selected.
Please note that our UN-client wishes to engage 2 - 3 Ruby developers, with a gradual on-boarding from end of September 2021 onwards. The first iteration of the product went live in 2016. Since then, additional modules and functionality have continued to be added which correspond to operational business processes. The application is highly integrated with other UN-client corporate systems, including the Oracle ERP, banking system, financial management system and banking platform as well as the document repository and disclosure system. Given that work on this application has been ongoing since 2016, with continual funding for new modules, there is opportunity for longer terms extensions on the project subject to performance and the availability of budget.
The consultant will be responsible for Ruby on Rails development within the existing application to support the business requirements as documented and approved in the relevant project initiation document (PID), while providing expertise in software development life cycle phases from design to testing.
The selected consultant must have minimum 6 years enterprise development experience, of which 2 years' experience will be with the Ruby on Rails Development Framework.
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline with at least 6 years of professional work experience in development.
- Experience of both designing and executing technical solutions from business requirements.
- Ability to document technical projects.
- Minimum 6 years enterprise development experience, of which 2 years of experience will be with the Ruby on Rails Development Framework using Behaviour/Test Driven Development methodology.
- Proven experience of having built APIs for Ruby on Rails applications.
- Participation in open source projects is desirable.
- Good knowledge of enterprise patterns, Object Oriented Design patterns and programming techniques
- Knowledge of major Agile Project Management techniques (Scrums, XP, etc.)
- Experience in reading and writing main UML diagrams
- Experience of GIT versioning systems
- Proven track record in the following technologies:
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server
- Operating Systems: Mac OSX, Linux, Window
AWARD & OTHERS
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described for off-site work.
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete a technical test to evaluate their Ruby on Rails skills by the UN-client.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.