Project Manager Onshore Wind
Posted on Sep 8, 2021 by Cathcart Energy Associates
Onshore Renewables Project Manager required for an office based (ability to be partly remote) role for an established renewable engineering consultancy in the Scottish Central Belt (40-50k D.O.E.)
In this role, you would be project manager for onshore wind, solar and storage projects in Scotland and Ireland throughout pre-construction and construction. The role entails supporting client base and working with project funders to achieve financial close on projects whilst making sure projects are delivered inside budget safely. You would be actively promoting and enhancing the reputation of the firm and helping with business development when needed. Contractual and commercial knowledge would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate would be in a client representative or owner's engineer role, with experience in wind farm contract negotiation & administration, construction management, technical due diligence and have strong report writing.
The duties of the role include:
* Communication with project sponsors, financial & legal advisors to achieve financial close in non-recourse environment.
* Managing clients to guarantee the best level of customer service is provided.
* Managing tender and contract negotiations for wind, solar and storage contracts as well as balance of plant and electrical while providing recommendations to the client.
* Prepare project delivery plans and budgets.
* Ensure the highest safety standards and manage statutory roles for the client when needed.
* Managing construction contracts, external consultants and project programme to ensure milestones are met as required.
* Work with TNO/DNO regarding grid connection.
* Assess accounts under contracts and when necessary handle variations and claims.
* Supporting other engineering staff by carrying out internal training and coaching.
* Create and sustain strong relationships with key clients while developing connections and opportunities for further work within Scotland.
Monthly site visits expected. (Part) Remote working is available.
Salary D.O.E. but the client is willing to pay 40-50k or more for the right candidate.
Private healthcare, pension and annual bonus.
If you'd like to find out more, contact Fergus at Cathcart Energy and apply with your latest CV.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £50k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£36.4k - £39.2k Annual