Cloud Programme Manager - Azure & AWS
Posted on Sep 8, 2021 by Church International Ltd.
Exciting opportunity for a Cloud Programme Manager to join one of my Professional Services clients for an initial 6-month contract assignment, to confirm this role will fall inside IR35. The role will sit within their Delivery team in their Digital Technology department. The scope of the assignment will focus on delivering a range of projects relating to migrating their global on-premise IT estate to both Azure + AWS for compute, storage and application services. This is an inflight programme, and we are seeking a very experienced Cloud Programme Delivery Manager to come onboard and continue to lead this initiative in a successful direction. The role calls for someone who is passionate about cloud and programme management, with demonstrable experience in managing cloud migrations as well as existing data centres. Additionally, we would look for someone who has a very high standard of stakeholder management/engagement.
- Manage the successful delivery of an existing cloud programme that has a number of streams of work that are in flight, relating to the migration or reduction of Data, Applications and Data Centres.
- Engage in service transition activities where workloads are migrated; seeking opportunities to drive efficiencies in the use of cloud
- Manage the migration tranche plans, working with architects and an external migration partner
- Engage in and deliver programme boards as well as corresponding reports
- Be able to work competently with global senior stakeholders and develop effective relationships
- Build motivated, delivery focussed teams
- Articulate and document sound business cases with clearly defined measurable business outcomes and benefits, including benefits maps/plans
- Produce sufficiently detailed plans and project/programme related documents
- Engage in business change-related activities to ensure programmes/projects are successfully adopted and support benefits realisation
- Demonstrate flexibility to operate across a range of delivery methodologies from Agile to traditional project delivery approaches
- Demonstrable experience in delivering cloud migration projects or programmes
- Strong experience of delivery across a varied portfolio
- Be able to engage both with technical teams and business stakeholders to achieve desired business outcomes & benefits
- Demonstrate an understanding of Azure and AWS resources (conceptual level)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to manage and influence stakeholders of all levels
- Comprehensive skills around Problem, Issue, Risk and Change Management
- Strong problem resolution, negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent skills in using a variety of planning tools
If you wish to be considered please share your CV ASAP!
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the specified location.