Posted on Sep 8, 2021 by Hoosier Hills Credit Union
Job Type: Full-time
Join our Hoosier Hills Credit Union (HHCU) team as part of our full-service financial Service Center in Mitchell, Indiana! We are now hiring a dynamic, community focused sales and service professional to bring our mission, products, and services to the Mitchell Market.
The Teller ensures that HHCU members are consistently satisfied in the service they receive and are being offered the right products and services to meet their financial needs. Responsible for identifying and recommending HHCU products and services in a way that creates a member experience that surpasses expectations with every interaction. The Teller is responsible for advising, cross-selling, and completing transactions and general account service needs, which includes transaction and account maintenance requests, and product and service inquiries.
Mission and Service - Is an integral part of the Hoosier Hills Credit Union and Service Center team in living out our corporate mission; "To be better for our members by making a positive difference in their lives and the communities we serve."
- Consistently delivers outstanding service to both internal and external members that is in alignment with the Credit Union's Service Promises.
- Always acts in the best interest of the member and the Credit Union.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism when interacting with members through friendly, informative, and helpful communications, which are key to understanding and identifying member needs, solving problems and in representing the Credit Union.
- Increases member satisfaction by taking ownership of each request and being highly responsive to the needs of members and in finding solutions that meet or exceed their expectations.
- Builds rapport by establishing credible relationships with members and prospective members through consistent high-quality service.
- Utilizes other business units as needed to assist members.
Member and Business Focus - Continuously champions knowledge of and experience with member interactions to be a trusted resource in developing and expanding the membership with each opportunity for member interaction.
- Creates business value for the membership and aligns the organization with success by providing consistent, accurate and outstanding service, and targeting and selecting product and service solutions that are best for the member so that their financial goals may be achieved.
- Serves as a trusted resource to members and fellow team members by possessing strong knowledge of HHCU products, services, and member experience standards, and always acts in the best interest of the member.
- Engages in problem resolution from start to finish by clarifying the issue, determining the cause, and following up to ensure there is a resolution.
- Achieves expected sales and service results by taking personal ownership of referral and cross-selling processes and aligning personal goals with the goals of the organization.
Acumen and Technical Savvy - Possesses proficiency in account maintenance, banking systems, and process knowledge to ensure records accuracy, policy compliance and member satisfaction with every transaction.
- Defines member experience by providing exceptional service through accurate transactions and professional conversations.
- Performs teller transactions (i.e. deposits, withdrawals, transfers) and account maintenance in a proficient and accurate manner within security guidelines and with few errors.
- Resolves problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts and transitions between responsibilities effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of the members.
- Recommends products and services that enhance members' financial wellbeing.
- Safeguards workstation, maintains established cash limits, and accurately counts cash bought and sold.
- Performs branch opening and closing procedures as assigned by supervisor.
- Completes annual Bank Secrecy/OFAC and any related training annually as assigned by Training or Compliance Staff. Comply with all applicable BSA/AML laws, rules, regulations, policies, and business practices established by Credit Union management.
Teamwork and Collaboration - The consistent focus on team involvement and in personal growth through sharing and implementation of creative ideas that provide membership business value and enhance a positive work environment.
- Maintains supportive communication with supervisor and team members, reports problems, developments, changes, and other important information regarding responsibilities.
- Makes plans happen through awareness, involvement, constant communication, and continual learning.
- Shares opportunities for improvement with appropriate managers. Performs on-going self-evaluation.
- Attends and supports branch events and other community outreach efforts as needed and attends to operational needs and issues as they arise.
- Strives to improve self and team to create strategies for future focused positive results.
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
- Professional appearance and demeanor, good interpersonal relations skills, and positive and optimistic outlook
- Strong knowledge of retail delivery products and other Credit Union products and services
- Strong and consistent sales and service performance
- Requires judgment to apply broader aspects of established practices to situations, which go beyond clear, concise guidelines
- Ability to gather and analyze data
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationship with management, peers, employees, and vendors
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- 1-2 years' experience working in retail setting with daily customer interaction
- Experience preferred in cash handling and clerical office work
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Normal accessibility of branch and corporate work sites required for the position
- Normal physical mobility and agility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, and the ability to maneuver body while in place
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers
- Normal coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot
- Works in typical administrative setting with climate control and appropriate lighting
- Work requires occasionally lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, taking frequency into consideration
Perform other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$14 - $14 Hourly
$14 - $14 Hourly